About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Systems Operations Manager...
In this role, you will:
- Manage and lead team of individual contributor engineers
- Lead Major Incidents and act as an escalation point for the application portfolio
- Lead/Participate in Scrum teams with Application teams in ensuring the completeness of non-functional requirements, reviewing application changes prior to deployment and post-deployment validations.
- Ensure the craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of solutions developed by the teams or third-party providers
- Identify, recommend, own, and drive opportunities for improvement either individually within the teams, by partnering with cross-functional teams
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- Identify Monitoring and Observability gaps within the portfolio of applications and build robust alerting and monitoring solutions using tools like Splunk, App D and other enterprise tools.
- Identify lessons learned, deep Root Cause Analysis and establish clear plans and influence the technology teams in implementing the lessons learned
- Be an expert or SME in the subject area of the claims space in resolving issues, technical architecture and providing design recommendation
- Contribute to large scale planning of platform strategies and lead the implementation of platform strategies
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring talent
- Engage stakeholders and internal partners associated with the Systems Operations functional area
- Identify and recommend opportunities within Systems Operations to increase system efficiency and lower human intervention time on technical tasks
- Make decisions and resolve issues regarding operating systems, application software, and system management tools to meet business objectives
- Interpret and develop policies and procedures, and understand compliance and risk management requirements for supported system area
- Collaborate and consult with analysts, Information Technology personnel, or vendors
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Systems Engineering, and Technology Architecture experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of Leadership experience
- 4+ years of experience in a hands-on technical role such as software engineer or similar role
- 4+ years of experience leading and executing complex technology transformational programs across an enterprise
- 4+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 5+ years of technology engineering experience
- 6+ years of financial services industry experience
- 4+ years of Pega Administration within PRPC.
- 2+ years of Linux intermediate administration.
- 3+ years of writing SQL language
- 4+ years of WebSphere/Tomcat.
- 2+ years of experience using Agile Scrum/Kanban
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Systems Engineering, and Technology Architecture, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Leadership experience
- Experience working with distributed software, system, networking, and cloud computing
- Bachelors degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related discipline
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to take initiative, identify opportunities and implement change
- Ability to motivate a team and lead strategic initiatives, collaborating across a large organization and multi-tasking as required
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology leadership, and internal service providers.
- Experience with CICD pipeline (Jenkins, or equivalent)
- 2+ years delivering cloud-based solutions (public and/or private)
- Familiar with AppDynamics and similar monitoring and alerting systems.
- Familiar with Splunk application.
- Familiar with Ansible Tower and Ansible Scripting
- Automation scripting in Ansible
- Familiar with Cloud
- Familiar with F5 Load Balance and AppViewX.
- Familiar with Java language.
Flexibility to work additional hours outside regular business hours.
- This position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- On-call or escalation support 24 *7 as needed
Pay Range$111,100.00 - $197,500.00 Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.