APAC Risk Management Intern Analyst
About this role
Our Asia Pacific Risk Summer Analyst Program aims to develop talent for future Risk Management roles. The Asia Pacific Independent Risk Management (IRM) team is responsible for establishing and maintaining the Bank’s risk management program and provides independent oversight of the business’ execution of its risk management responsibilities, whilst championing risk management innovation and effectiveness for the region. The IRM organization is comprised of several risk aligned teams, including Market risk, Liquidity and Counterparty risk, Interest Rate risk, Operational risk, Compliance risk, Financial Crimes risk and Independent Testing and Validation.
This is a comprehensive 10-week Program starting in late May 2023 and is designed to provide you with the unique opportunity to learn more about our IRM organization, culture and how we collaborate with stakeholders across functions and borders to deliver solutions for the Enterprise. This Program combines on-the-job experience with learning and development opportunities, as well as networking opportunities to boost your professional development. In addition to working alongside a vibrant team who are subject matter experts in their respective areas, you will have the opportunity to complete business/risk-focused assignments and present results to a panel of senior leaders at the end of the program.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in various assignments based on experience and interest
- On-the-job training for various risk functions
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Taking the lead on projects aligned to business objectives
We are seeking aspiring candidates who thrive in a fast-paced, global environment with the following attributes:
- Studying towards completing a Bachelor’s degree or above with expected graduation between December 2023 and May 2024 with an interest in financial market and starting a career in Risk or related field
- Motivated self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize works, meet deadlines & achieve goals, while working in a dynamic and complex environment
- Demonstrable sense of accountability & urgency for achieving results
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- The positions will be based in Singapore. For the avoidance of doubt, this is an in-person office-based internship for students who can work in Singapore office without a visa (Note, any international travel costs to or from Singapore to participate in the program will not be reimbursed by Wells Fargo).
- Application period: 10 November 2022 to 9 December 2022
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.