Why Wells Fargo:
This is where your true career begins. We ranked #3 on the 2022 LinkedIn Top Companies list – and #1 among financial services companies – as the best workplace “to grow your career” in the U.S. At Wells Fargo, we support employees’ career aspirations and growth. We’re proud of our employee-welfare-centered business approach and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
We offer competitive salaries and one of the richest benefits packages in the industry. Our Total Rewards program focuses on wellness, work-life balance and the financial health of our employees.
Our customers invest with us, we invest in you. Apply today.
About this role:
The Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Control organization serves as the front line of risk management team and is accountable for assessing and effectively managing all associated risks for their groups. This team works to ensure internal controls, processes, and procedures are adequate and effective, and executive management understands the risks, exposures, and trends that impact the business. The group also collaborates on projects and initiatives by providing support and awareness of risks and mitigating control solutions.
We are seeking two CIB COO Infrastructure & Shared Services Control Officers which will be responsible for leading technical overage areas in the Line of buildings which span policy implementation, RCSA, risk programs and technology/platform driven programs that are led by the business.
Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com
In this role, you will:
- Provide alignment to one or more coverage areas across loss capture, process improvement, risk framework, data management, identity access management, information security, ADA, new products, fraud, and other programs supported centrally for the CIB business by the CIB COO team
- Serve as a coverage officer within the control team, with proven knowledge of applicable products, services, processes, systems and customers
- Collaborate with the Issues Management team, LOB and other stakeholders to identify, open, monitor, close and validate all SHRP Issues, according to policy
- Continuously engage in discussions with LOB partners on strategy, industry trends, organizational changes, and new/modified markets, systems, products and services, to determine impact and identify and remediate risk control issues across all risk types
- Collaborate with, guide and counsel Risk Control and LOB partners on control design and implementation; inherent and residual risk evaluation; identifying where controls reside, managing control changes and evaluating effectiveness
- Collaborate with, guide, and counsel LOB partners on matters relating to the implementation of corporate policies and CIB Risk program requirements
- Direct support of the RCSA and related policy requirements
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls, analyze business and/or system changes to determine impact; identify risk issues and may participate in the development of risk ratings
- Contribute to LOB governance and review exercises, including creation and reporting of metrics into formal governance meetings
Required Qualifications :
7+ years of Risk Management or Financial Services Industry experience, or equivalent experience demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience with RCSA, risk/control identification and assessment
- Experience with determination of business risk-rating, profile and trend
- Strong knowledge of operations and operations technology
- Knowledge of markets products, clients and related operations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and experience in articulation of risk both verbally and in writing to various levels of staff and management
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and adherence to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with enterprise risk frameworks and related processes
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
550 S Tryon Street Charlotte, NC
500 W 33rd Street New York, NY
The Control Functions adhere to a location strategy, therefore your candidacy may be determined based on your current location. Remote work locations are not available for these roles, so if you are not in a location listed on the posting, you must commit to relocation within an agreed upon timeframe.
Pay Range$144,400.00 - $300,000.00 Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.