About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Network Engineer...
In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in implementing network security policies across routers and firewalls
- Manage production networks including Internet Protocol backbone, data centers and edge pops across the globe
- Ensure the continuous availability of all data network services
- Identify gaps, risks and issues and navigate organizational structure to resolve them
- Perform quarterly proactive network testing to ensure proper functioning and reliability of the network
- Investigate and remediate network capacity related issues
- Apply knowledge of security and regulatory policies to design and implement foolproof secured network solutions
- Provide resolution information and work with other teams to complete impact analysis
- Deliver comprehensive and maintenance plans for change management review and approval
- Mentor and train network operations team in the installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Partner cross-functionally with other Product Infrastructure teams in order to continuously improve and apply standards and policies relevant to operational excellence
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Network Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience,
- Experience in Network Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience.
- 7-9 years of experience designing LAN/WAN/Datacenter solutions for large enterprises.
- 7-9 years of experience with IP routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, RIP) in a large enterprise environment
- Experience with configuration of Cisco routing and switching latest platforms and solutions - Cisco Nexus and Arista product line.
- Excellent documentation and verbal communication skills
- Experience with creating and or updating technical design documentation used by engineering teams (proficiency
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Visio Professional
- Must be self-driven and able to work with little supervision and direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Computers or Electronics with 7-9 Years of Networking Experience
- CCNA or CCNP/DP Certification preferred - Datacenter
- Strong understanding of QoS configurations to support the WAN and enterprise standards.
- Strong experience in installing Cisco Routers/Switches in the field
- Strong understanding of the following routing protocols: OSPF, BGP, RIP, EIGRP
- Strong understanding of the following layer 2 switching protocols: Spanning Tree, Trunking, Etherchannel
- Strong understanding of the following: HSRP, CBWFQ, DSCP, NAT/SNAT, TCP/IP, Multicast, Ethernet
- Strong familiarity with the following WAN technologies: Carrier provided MPLS VPN connectivity, optical transport solutions such as OC3, OC12, OC48, DWDM, and Ethernet WAN solutions.
- Strong understanding of DNS/domain services
- Python/Ansible scripting experience a plus
- Software defined DC, SD-WAN (Viptela), Cloud computing, VMWare NSX, Public Cloud experience will be preferred
- Experience and familiarity with Change control processes - Service Now.
- Solid hand-on experience on latest Cisco Nexus platform - 9k,7k,5k and ASR ,ISR series of Routers/Switches
Responsibilities include (but not limited to): Provide technical support and consultation associated with all network systems. Execute changes into the above environments via the WF change control process outside of business hours, assist on mitigating risk for the enterprise by proactively addressing capacity problems or system related issues, participate in enterprise level projects from an engineering perspective and responsible for Design, implementing, testing, and researching industry best practices.
Develops specifications for large complex network systems and test voice and/or data communications solutions. Designs complex system upgrades. Leads the evaluation of vendor proposals, conducts network studies and traffic analyses, develops network architectures, prepares forecasts of network traffic and capacity, and recommends modifications to the network configurations that reduce costs or improve service. This team member serves as a high level technical resource, on large-scale voice and/or data communications issues.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.