JOB TITLE: Info Security Engineer – SCD DS
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
Wells Fargo views information & Cyber Security as enabling lines of business to mitigate information security risk in accordance with our risk appetite. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, ICS protects our infrastructure, company data, and customer assets while ensuring alignment with applicable regulations and laws.
Our vision is to provide Wells Fargo with world-leading cyber security risk management.
About the Role:
Our Information and Cyber Security (ICS) team is looking for a senior Cyber Security professional to join our Security Content Development (SCD- DS) team.
The candidate will play a major role in our Secure content development team, including the vetting of new models and procedures to identify and react to anomalous network and/or endpoint behaviors. This position is designed to assure success in our next-generation ability to discover and react to advanced security threats.
1. Contribute in agile ceremonies, by improving the processes
2. Working on the assigned JIRA tickets and meeting the SLA for the same while adhering to process flow
2.1. Use Splunk best practices around CIM Normalization to normalize for the down stream knowledge objects and users
2.2. Automate the repetitive tasks and leverage Splunk dashboards for issue identification and resolution
2.3. Use splunk internal logs to identify the issue and working on resolution
2.4 Edit the props.conf, transforms.conf fields.conf inputs.conf etc for fixing the identified issues
3. Get your tickets peer reviewed and perform the same for the team
4. For the stories/tasks getting deployed attend the review meeting
5. Validate the deployments you are accountable for and document the findings
- 8+ years of demonstrated information security applications and systems experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience leveraging security technologies such as SIEM for security incident analysis
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in performing technical analysis and enrichment of pertinent attacks, threats and their indicators
- Good understanding on agile methodology
- Good understanding of JIRA and scrum ceremonies
- Sound Knowledge on developing data models, content, Normalization(props.conf, transforms.conf, fields.conf, eventtypes.conf,tags.conf), search optimization
- Onboarding and optimization of data to SPLUNK/QRADAR/ARCSIGH ( Feed Data Quality & CIM Field extraction )
- Understanding of CIM and SPL development
- Should be familiar with Splunk SPL development
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning and User Behavior Analytics as it pertains to baselining normal to determine outliers and anomalous behaviors.
- Should possess understanding of third party/vendor/supply chain cyber footprint and associated risks (attacks, threats, vulnerabilities) over the internet
- Should possess understanding of security and threat landscape relevant to cloud technologies
- Demonstrated experience with creating and communication of reports and presentations regarding cyber-attacks, threats and vulnerabilities to various level of personnel within large organization and its vendors
- Ability to manage complex security scenarios and develop innovative solutions to address the most recent cyber threats
- Advanced knowledge of networks, protocols, standards, Linux/Unix/Window OS internals, and system configuration
- Experience with least one scripting language, such as: PowerShell, Python, Bash, PHP, etc.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in computer science or information systems
- 2+ years of experience with network security, endpoint security/EDR or security threat vectors
- Familiarity with field extractions and regex is must
- Experience with host-based and/or network-based forensics tools and techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of banking or financial services industry
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of malware reverse engineering including: code or behavior analysis for endpoints and the network
- Knowledge and understanding of data security controls including malware protection, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, content filtering, Internet proxies, encryption controls, and log management solutions
- Experience analyzing large data sets
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of offensive security, with the ability to think like an adversary when hunting and responding to incidents
- Strong ability to identify anomalous behavior on endpoint devices and/or network communications
- Demonstrate the ability to provide written and verbal communications to management to address real-time issues and incidents, including writing formal incident reports
- Advanced problem solving skills, ability to develop effective long-term solutions to complex problems
- Certifications in one or more of the following: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM), GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Network Forensics Analyst (GNFA), Offensive Security (OSCP/OSCE/etc), or other relevant certifications.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.