About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Quantitative Analytics Specialist...
About the Role:
CMoR operates in a fast-paced work environment with continuously changing policies and technologies. The successful candidate is expected to be self- motivated, require minimal supervision, and produce work that is consistent with CMoR’s recognized high standards.Effective work will involve familiarity with source systems of record, analytical data and sampling plans, model replications, model performance assessments, and test model development as effective challenges to lines of business.It further requires strength in writing detailed standard analytical reports to ensure Wells Fargo’s compliance with governance policies and regulations.Each validation report will include assessments of the specific business, model purpose and history, the model methodology, data integrity, model development, performance, implementation, and monitoring.These documents are read by a broad audience, including auditors and regulators.
- CMoR serves as the second line of defense to ensure the integrity of Wells Fargo’s model inventory. A Senior QAS is an individual contributor role. This position will focus primarily on BASEL model validations. However, frequent special projects and seasonal requirements for CCAR validations will provide a variety of modeling contexts throughout each year. A validation project typically begins and ends with the analyst, requiring broad and continuous attention to detail, comprehensive documentation, and interactions with developers. Meetings with auditors and regulators will require recall of validation details.
- A Senior QAS should have a deep academic knowledge, broad based approach to solve business problems. He/she should approach the problem agnostic of analytic technique, tool or process. Ability to think outside the box and provide ensemble solutions should set them apart to be a high performing team member
- This is role will also require to review reports of junior validators and also train team members on validation process and policies. This role will also require to provide thought leadership
- 5-8 years of experience with minimum Masters/Phd in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- Deep understanding of Regression (OLS, Logistic, Time series, Machine Learning Algorithm )
- Detail knowledge of Banking Regulations and guidelines
- Performing model validations and clearly documenting evidence of validation activities
- Develop benchmarking and alternative models in Python/R/Matlab/SAS
- Providing effective challenge to models developed in/for the lines of business, including identifying conceptual weaknesses in a model and understanding tradeoffs with other approaches
- Managing and mitigating model risk to meet or exceed regulatory and industry standards
- Providing leadership and consultation to less experienced validators and business partners
- Communicating model risk findings and limitations to key stakeholders
- Contributing to the improvement of model building and model use practices
- Providing analytical support and offering insights regarding a wide array of business initiatives
- Interacting with senior management and regulators on key modeling issues, including the identification, management, and mitigation of model risk
- Proactively following the industry trend to apply and develop new technology to improve efficiency
- Strong mathematical, statistical, analytical and computational skills
- Strong communication skills for a variety of audiences (other technical staff, senior management and regulators) both verbally and in writing
- Capability to multi-task and finish work within strict timelines and provide timely requests for information and follow-up questions
- Ability to work independently on complex model validations from start to finish
- Able to demonstrate first-hand knowledge of advanced topics in various mathematical and numerical methods such as Monte Carlo, stochastic calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, applied probability, and statistics;
- Skill in managing relationships with key model stakeholders
- Eagerness to contribute collaboratively on projects and discussions
- Perpetual interest in learning something new, but being comfortable with not knowing the all the answers
- Attention to detail in both analytics and documentation
- Aptitude for synthesizing data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective
- Intellectually curious, who enjoy solving problems.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.