At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Institutional Investment Operations Specialist.
The Approval to Transact (A2T) & Regulatory Due Diligence teams in CIB Operations Shared Services are responsible for the ensuring front to back governance of the client onboarding and lifecycle process. This includes regulatory adherence, trade surveillance and a quality assurance Program. This role is senior analyst position within the Regulatory Due Diligence function that oversees critical regulatory checks that are performed both before and after a trade is executed.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in leading a team of analysts performing regulatory due diligence documentation review, which includes, but is not limited to Dodd Frank, QFC Record keeping, QFC Resolution Stay, MiFID II, Prime Brokerage and various legal notices covering swaps and trades for various lines of business
- Maintain a high performing team through effective hiring, coaching and rigorous performance/talent management processes and tracking key metrics
- Act as a key point of escalation for the team members and effectively communicate those escalations to senior leadership
- Steward touchpoints with upstream/horizontal/downstream stakeholders such as legal, client onboarding, reference data, financial crimes, agreement management, regulatory reporting, technology, and new products
- Identify patterns in Regulatory Programs and amend the existing process as needed to ensure constant regulatory compliance and operation efficiency
- Act as a key point of contact and create relationships with sales, operations, legal and compliance to ensure cross organization collaboration
- Identify opportunities for improvements to the existing process and highlight those enhancements to leadership
- Foster a collaborative, success-oriented team environment where resources are empowered and accountable
- Lead projects for new regulatory requirements, facilitating workflows, writing procedures, and providing team trainings
- Exercise independent judgement while developing expertise on functions, projects, internal and industry related initiatives
- Assist with special projects and gathering data to assist with resolution of issues in areas that may normally be outside of daily responsibilities
- Review and analyze functional operational tasks that require research, evaluation, and exercise independent judgment to guide the deliverable
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Institutional Investment Operations experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a role with direct touchpoint to client onboarding (such as KYC, regulatory due diligence, tax, agreement negotiation) in one of the following capacities: operations, business lead, compliance, legal, change, strategy, consulting, audit, vendor, or technology
- Knowledge of the major client onboarding requirements and related regulations, including, but not limited to:
- OTC derivatives-based regulations (such as Dodd-Frank, Emir, Margin rules)
- SEC/Finra/MSRB regulations with onboarding touchpoints (such as those governing, suitability, approvals, transparency, privacy, and disclosures)
- Experience in leading and delivering complex strategic change across process, people, policy, and risk and control frameworks
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; ability to articulate complex matters concisely and clearly to stakeholders
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong understanding of excel and analyzing large sets of data excel and summarizing that data to senior leaders
- Knowledge and understanding of roles of operations, compliance, client account set-up processes and procedures for corporations and public entities
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills
- Ability to effectively assess stakeholder, partner, or client needs while consulting, building solutions, and developing processes
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and research skills
- Comfortable with communicating with associates, Senior leaders and client representatives at all levels
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation, and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.