About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a DevOps Engineer with SRE who can work closely with application development teams to onboard sunrise applications and maintain daily operational requirements for an enterprise-wide effort. Additionally, this individual will be expected to provide guidance for junior DevOps Engineers and function as an escalation point for challenges that are unable to be resolved quickly by those same junior engineers. DevOps Engineers are responsible for interfacing with the application development teams to assist them in determining the most efficient and value-added method of automating their application Lifecycle development activities that move their applications through the process to implementation. In addition, to these consultative activities, the DevOps Engineer will work with the application teams, technology partners, and all relevant teams to on-board the application team and their applications into the DevOps automation service. They will lead on-board efforts and matrix teams of automation engineers. An engineer may also assume duties and roles related to Software Configuration Management and/or Development. In this capacity, they will work with version control systems, automated build systems, regression test systems along with many other Lifecycle tools. They will develop, architect, integrate and support the integrated system and components.
In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in high level technical concepts spanning technology and business
- Act as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, for Azure Devops (formerly TFS), Jenkins and Urbancode Deploy (UCD/uDeploy) installations, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools, and existing designs.
- Analyze highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Provide coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation, and analysis efforts.
- Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing, and debugging of programs.
- Oversee overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures, and user guides.
- Lead projects, allocates work, and provides guidance for less experienced staff.
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
- Act as a key transformation agent to help the team learn and develop SRE capabilities and advance the team through a defined SRE maturity model.
- Focus on key aspects of SRE like Observability, Automation and Data Driven insights using historical and real time data
- Apply technology background in software engineering and systems engineering to ensure the applications on-boarded to SRE are available, have full-stack observability, are integrated with CI/CD, and always-on by introducing continuous improvement through code and automation, continuous testing (performance, functional), and provide operational insight through analytics.
- Participate in the buildout of automation to prevent problem recurrence, with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Troubleshoot, and analyze production job failures related to data, network file delivery, and server and application issues independently and provide solutions to recovery. Participate in root cause analysis and preventative actions to avoid recurring incidents.
- Introduce enterprise capabilities, tools, and innovation to improve availability in a multi-cloud ecosystem by evolving observability, monitoring, logging, CI/CD integration, continuous testing (performance, functional, ), continuous improvement, and standardization/automation of key SRE metrics and IT Service Operations processes.
- Evolve continuous inspection capabilities code quality to identify problems before they manifest in production.
- Be willing to work non-standard business hours on an on-call basis in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years’ of Technology Infrastructure Engineering and Solutions experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years’ of DevOps experience and DevOps industry standard tools, usage, and best practices. Specially Jenkins, TFS/ADO, Udeploy, JFrog Artifactory, Sonar, Blackduck, CheckMarxs
- 3+ years’ of experience with secure DevOps and deployment automation to cloud environments
- 3+ years’ of experience in Maven, MS build, Gradle, or Node.js
- 1+ years' of engineering and support experience on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) platform
- 1+ years’ of experience using Kubernetes
- 2+ years’ experience with Automation Scripting: Bash, Shell, Ansible, Terraform, Azure DevOps
- 2+ years’ Incident Management System experience
- 2+ years’ experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings)
- 2+ years’ experience using JIRA/JIRA Align and confluence
- 1+ years’ experience using Groovy
- Experience with one or more CI/CD Pipeline (Github, Jenkins) and Automation tools: Gradle, Maven, Git, Ansible, Puppet
- Experience with one or more Observability/Monitoring tools: Elastic, Kibana, Grafana, AppDynamics, Kafka, Big Panda, Splunk
- Experience with one or more Data/Data Structures: Oracle, SQL, Mongo, ETL and PostgreSQL
- An industry standard certification
Position not visa eligible
This is a full-time employee position. This is not a C2C or C2H position.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.