About this role:
The role of lead analytic consultant requires managing one or many functional lines in Middle Market Banking business to support modeling, reporting and advanced analytics through multiple teams. The key requirement for the role is the ability to lead a team in understanding the business objectives, formulating the analytic solution and execute/ implement to deliver the solution. The role should be able to provide thought leadership to guide the team as well as deliver hands- on work where needed. Should provide mentoring, coaching to team members and create positive work culture.
In this role, you will:
- Providing business and technical leadership to develop reporting analytics team delivering across multiple functions within MMB
- Responsible for maintaining partner relationships, ensuring high quality team deliverables and SLAs
- Working closely with the US partners on daily basis, interacting closely with multiple business partners anchor program managers
- Work independently, foster a culture of healthy and efficient working for the team
- Designing and solving complex business problems by analytical techniques and tools
- Will be involved directly in the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis, modeling, and/or advanced data visualization including development of Business Objects reports using multiple databases
- Recommends potential data sources; compiles and mines data from multiple, cross business sources.
- Works with typically very large data sets, both structured and unstructured, and from multiple sources
- Develops specific, customized reports, ad hoc analyses and/or data visualizations, formatted with business user-friendly techniques to drive adoption, such as (1) Excel macros/pivoting/filtering, (2) PowerPoint slides and presentations, and (3) clear verbal and e-mail communications
- Works with senior consultants or directly with partners, responsible for identifying and defining business requirements and translating business needs into moderately complex analyses and recommendations.
- Works with local and international colleagues and with internal customers, responsible for identifying and defining business requirements and catering to business needs for the team
- Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies
- Applies knowledge of business, customers, and/or products/services/portfolios to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective
- Ability to work overlap hours with US team
- Shift 1:30-10:30 pm
Required Qualifications, International:
- 8-10+ years of experience in data, reporting, analytics or a combination of two; or a MS/MA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in SQL especially in Oracle, SQL Server & Teradata environment
- 5+ years of experience in Tableau or SSRS or any BI Reporting tool- creating solutions with aid of data visualization. This includes but not limited to developing and creating BI dashboards, working on end to end reports, deriving insights from data
- Hands on experience in ETL development using Alteryx, or SSIS or any ETL tools
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skill
- Well versed with SDLC, production cycle and release management.
- Good data interpretation and presentation skills
- Willingness/ability to take ownership of a project
- Exceptionally fast learner, able to reach non-trivial SME level under tight deadlines
- High energy, can-do attitude, self-directed, pro-active, self-starter who excels in an environment with limited supervision
- Lead in managing multiple complex exercises in various stages simultaneously
- Lead in managing internal customer expectations while adhering to internal SLA timeframes
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Collaborative, team-focused attitude
- 5+ years of experience in Customer/ Marketing / Sales Analytics
- Experience with reporting tools like Tableau, Business Objects, QlikView, etc
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.