About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Business Execution Consultant to play a critical role in the execution of model governance responsibilities within Chief Operating Office Model Risk Governance. This is a unique opportunity to help ensure high quality standards and compliance for model governance and drive enhancement of overall model risk procedures.
Model Risk Governance is an area of expanding focus, requiring a vision for future expectations around model risk management and an appetite for a constantly evolving process. The Model Risk Governance Lead Business Execution Consultant will interact with Model owners and other stakeholders during all Model lifecycle stages to ensure the effective governance of model development/use/evaluation processes. This requires a highly organized person that can communicate effectively and execute on business process.
In this role, you will:
- Provide governance responsibility for Models throughout their lifecycle, including Model identification and classification
- Execute processes to ensure all models have been identified, classified, and updated in the corporate inventory of models
- Support the Model approval process for all Models; monitoring and tracking any items that are out of compliance
- Ensure that model monitoring is performed on a periodic basis; and evaluate whether validations and annual reviews performed by the business follow the requirements set forth in the Model Risk Management Policy
- Lead cross functional teams to strategize, plan, and execute a variety of programs, services and initiatives
- Drive accountability for assigned initiatives, limit risk exposure, and create efficiencies as appropriate
- Review strategic approaches and effectiveness of support function and business performance
- Perform assessments through fact finding and data requiring creative approaches to solving complex issues, and develop appropriate solutions or recommendations
- Make decisions in highly complex and multifaceted situations requiring solid understanding of business group's functional area or products, facilitate decision making and issue resolution, and support implementation of developed solutions and plans
- Collaborate and consult with members of the Model Governance team and team leaders to drive strategic initiatives
- Influence, guide and lead less experienced staff within the group
- 5+ years of Business Execution, Implementation, or Strategic Planning experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years Model Risk Governance or Model Risk-related experience
- Model Risk Management Policy adherence knowledge
- Model Risk System (MoRS) experience
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including meeting facilitation
- Articulates complex concepts in a clear manner
- Prioritizes and manages initiatives requiring coordination of resources
- Initiates and works independently with minimal supervision
- Effectiveness in business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong conceptual and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, self-driven and performance-oriented; possess a strong work ethic
- Candidates will be required to work on site in compliance with our hybrid model.
- 7001 Westown Pkwy – West Des Moines, IA
- 2700 S Price Rd – Chandler, AZ
- 11601 N Black Canyon Hwy – Phoenix, AZ
- 600 S 4th St – Minneapolis, MN
- 401 S Tryon St – Charlotte, NC
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.