About this role:
The Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) group provides technology solutions and support for Risk, Audit, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Corporate Properties, and Stakeholder Relations business lines. In addition, EFT provides unique technology solutions and innovation for Wells Fargo Technology, Enterprise Shared Services, and Enterprise Data Management. This combined portfolio of applications and tools are continually engineered to meet the challenges of stability, security, scalability, and speed.
Within EFT the Corporate Risk Technology (CRT) group helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
We are seeking a Senior Big Data Developer Developer (Senior Software Engineer) to be part of a team that provides reporting data warehouse solutions for Risk and Compliance across all levels of the organization. This position will use their strong understanding of data management, how to design and build dimensional data models, and overall delivery of data integration solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Build, maintain and govern the Hadoop data layer to ensure data consistency and single version of the truth
- Complete Unit Testing to ensure low probability of defects and that data matches with back-end systems
- Ensure solutions are highly usable, scalable, and maintainable
- Understand the impacts of data layer performance factors and collaborate with the Data Architect to implement mitigating physical modeling solutions
- Perform code and design reviews to ensure performance, maintainability, and standards
- Work with the Data Architect to define data security roles, groups and policies
- Enforce Hadoop design standards, reusable objects, tools, best practices, and related development methodologies for the organization
- Partnering with Business Stakeholders and developers to ensure deliverables meet business expectations
- Suggest solutions for development or process improvement
- Tuning of dataset design for optimal performance
- Develop, execute, and troubleshooting of complex report SQL
- Must be comfortable working on multiple, complex issues and projects.
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of Apache Spark design and development experience using Scala, Java, Python or Data Frames with Resilient Distributed Datasets (RDDs)
- 4+ years of hands-on experience working with Hadoop Ecosystem and Big data technologies like HDFS, Object Store, Hortonwork, Hive, Kafka, & Spark.
- 4+ years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop
- 4+ years of Java or Python experience
- 3+ years of strong working knowledge on Database: Object Oriented & Relational DB. Strong experience on SQL, PL/SQ and DB query languages and tools
- 1+ year of Agile experience
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Software Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Autosys knowledge
- Experience using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins/UDeploy etc. and secure code practices like Blackduck, Sonar and Checkmarx.
- Experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions e.g. Google Cloud Platform tools
- Experience in Hadoop ecosystem tools for real-time & batch data ingestion, processing and provisioning such as Apache Spark and Apache Sqoop
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Experience in leading Data Warehouse and Data Analytics applications for Risk and Finance
- GCP or Azure certification
- This position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.