About Wells Fargo India & Philippines
Wells Fargo India & Philippines is a critical component of Wells Fargo’s strategy to leverage distinct advantages in doing business in a global environment. Wells Fargo India & Philippines is primarily an extension of the technology, operations, and corporate support teams of Wells Fargo. It engages in application development and support, testing, other technology functions, international operations, knowledge support, and middle and back-end banking process solutions for a wide spectrum of Wells Fargo’s needs. It currently has offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Manila.
Risk Analytics, Monitoring & Surveillance (RAMS) transforms risk management across Consumer Banking through use of actionable data and observations to monitor a wide range of risks with emphasis on conduct, compliance, and operational risks through a risk-based supervision program. This program provides necessary monitoring to support a strong control environment across Consumer Banking and empowers our team members as accountable risk managers.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Analytics Consultant who will be senior consultants or directly with partners, responsible for identifying and defining business requirements and translating business needs into moderately complex analyses and recommendations.
In this role, you will:
- Consult to Business Line and enterprise functions responsible for complex financial and economic research and model development
- Use specialized financial functional knowledge of complex financial products, pricing implications, regulatory standards, financial performance, financial forecasting to assist in designing robust models, and complex non-model quantitative tools that support strategic decision making
- Perform analysis of findings and trends using statistical or financial analysis, modeling, process documentation, profitability analysis, customer, or demographic analysis
- Recommend solutions to increase revenue, reduce expense, maximize operational efficiency, quality, and compliance
- Identify and define business requirements and translate business needs into moderately complex research and recommendations to improve efficiency
- Design and implement database structures or software tools in support of effective data sourcing strategies
- Participate in all group technology efforts including design and implementation of analytics software, storage and processing of mortgage loan level data, and management of hardware and database requirements
- Develop customized reports, ad hoc analyses, or data visualizations to make recommendations for alternatives
- Translate regulatory defined stress test scenarios into model parameters, evaluate results of stress test results and interpretation of model output, and advise more experienced management on course of action
- Provide guidance to less experienced specialists
- Understand compliance and risk management requirements for supported area
- Ensure adherence to data management or data governance regulations and policies
- Participate in company initiatives or processes to assist in meeting its risk and capital objectives and other strategic goals
- Work with more experienced consultants or directly with partners
- Partner with technology or with other business groups
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Analytics, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Candidate must be a graduate of a B.A./B.S. course in College (preferably in Applied Math, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Econometrics, Computer Sciences
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling using SAS & SQL
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo Community Bank products, sales processes, data and systems.
- Prior experience working with analytic capabilities
- Effective leadership ability to drive successful execution of strategic plans; ability to plan, prioritize and set goals. Must possess strong collaborative skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate powerfully and prolifically to senior and executive leaders and simplify the complex
- Ability to influence without direct authority, create and manage (while achieving results) large-scale change and influence people at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to execute effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including executive management, regulatory examiners and internal auditors
- Ability to lead through adversity and adjust to changing priorities
- Demonstrated SQL skills to include the ability to write complex queries and database knowledge in order to analyze data sources across a variety of sources including but not limited to BMG, EIW, Customer Interactions, MDSS, RAMP, Minding, The Store, and STS
- Candidate must be willing to work at McKinley Hill on late MID shift (5:30PM - 2:30AM)
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.