About this role:
This position will report into the I&P Finance BMO Risk Program lead with a dotted line into the Finance Operational and Compliance Risk Programs Resiliency Coordinator Manager. The Business Resiliency Coordinator will be a strategic risk management partner for the Business Resiliency Managers (BRM) to effectively lead and manage the day-to-day policy requirements and implement the Resiliency Program, including incident and crisis management prior to negative events to ensure preparedness; as well as during crisis response execution of incident and crisis management. They will also partner with Resiliency Officers and Functional Managers in Finance, and others to complete activities and to communicate resiliency methodology and program developments in alignment with key strategies. This position is a visible role that must work well with problem solving and a wide variety of responsibilities in a quickly evolving, rapid-paced environment. Superior relationship building skills with the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization is imperative along with a strong bias toward execution and getting things done.
In this role, you will:
• The role will directly support documentation and maintenance of Business Continuity Plans (BCP) including input and maintenance of data integrity into the BCP system of record.
• Take an ownership role in implementing change, resolving issues, and driving operational excellence.
• Schedule and lead all Exercise & Maintenance activities with assistance from Business Resiliency Managers and Functional Managers of respective plans to complete and document all required activities (Business Impact Analysis, Risk Assessment, Data Validations, Plan Distribution, Walkthrough, Functional Exercises, etc.) annually or as required and ensure all requirements are met
• During Exercise & Maintenance, you may facilitate and interface with Audit, Compliance, Legal, Regulatory, Technology, and Control partners.
• Understand the Enterprise Resiliency Framework and support the Resiliency Officers in enforcement of the overall resiliency vision, strategy, and objectives to their respective Business Resiliency Managers
• Identify and resolve BCP risk by reviewing and providing feedback regarding any identified issues or control weaknesses to ensure documented Risk Assessments accurately reflect residual BCP risk, including any identified weaknesses, accepted risks, and/or action plans and to ensure business and technology recovery strategies support business needs, are realistic, and support product/service impact tolerances to support customer experience and regulatory requirements
• Work with BRMs and plan owners to resolve findings from Enterprise Business Continuity Resiliency Planning (EBCRP) Quality Reviews
• Ensure BCPs exist for all active business functions and the BCPs are implemented, documented, exercised, maintained, and comply with EBCRP requirements in the policy and guidebook. In addition, ensure timely updates are made to the BCPs as changes occur within the organization
• Communicate BCP incidents to BRMs and plan owners and participate in incident response activities for the business, including assessment calls, business communications, impact determination, and monitoring of remediation activities
• Support the Business Resiliency Manager during incidents to include progress reporting and other necessary activities to facilitate an effective response. Incidents may require BRC coordination and support after hours and on weekends as incidents occur.
• Comfortable presenting to employees and management.
• Experience in Business Operations, Leadership, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
• Willingness to work US domestic hours to support US managers through resiliency planning, exercises and maintenance of their Business Continuity Plans.
• Some after hour engagements may be required for incident response & coordination of impact
• 1+ year of business continuity planning experience
• Exposure to Wells Fargo Internal Business Continuity Plan Repository (ORS, ERS or LDRPS)
• Experience managing Business Continuity Plan documents
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
• Ability to grasp complex business issues quickly, recommend solutions, and drive for resolutions
• Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas including in a virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
• Knowledge and understanding of finance in banking: regulations, compliance, policies, process, and procedures with a focus on Business Continuity Planning and Risk Management.
Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.