About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Legal EEO Consultant to join the Employment Legal Team. For additional information on this line of business, refer to the external Careers Site at Wellsfargo.com/career.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze and respond to legal claims pending with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”) and related state agencies by current and former employees
- Submit the company's response to employment discrimination claims filed before an agency or legal letters submitted by the employee’s attorney
- Attend mediations, settlement conferences and agency investigations, including drafting settlement documents
- Analyze and advise management, counsel, and support staff of high risk and high exposure cases for Wells Fargo
- Provide in-depth consultation to all levels of management, counsel, and support staff from early case planning through production and case close in high pressure situations handling multiple priorities
- Assist in preservation scoping including identifying custodians, interviewing custodians, and determining relevant data repositories
- Draft clear and effective position statements setting forth the company response to these claims
- Evaluate legal risk of claims and advise with in-depth communication to management and attorney partners of merits and risks
- Work on large, complex or high exposure cases
- Analyze and respond to high risk legal claims
- Respond to claims and draft settlement documents
- Manage Legal requestor’s expectations and deliverables
- Participate in employment related work teams and activities within the Legal Department
- Lead initiatives within the team including developing or improving key processes
- Engage in and execute various moderate to highly complex tasks as a program subject matter expert
- Train and provide direction to other individuals in areas of expertise while leading them to meet deliverables
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced individuals
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of experience with Employment Laws and Policies including reviews, evaluation, and response to Equal Employment Opportunities or employment claims and grievances, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience investigating merits of administratively filed employment claims and evaluating legal risk of those claims
- Experience writing persuasive legal responses to the EEOC and related state agencies, including responding to letters submitted by the employee’s attorney
- Experience conducting research, analyzing and responding to discrimination cases
- Knowledge of employment law and anti-discrimination law
- Experience participating in agency onsite investigations, legal negotiations, mediations, and settlement conferences
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work while handling multiple matters
- Effective in building partnerships, functioning well with project teams, and working for the success of the team
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Juris Doctorate
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.