About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Securities Sales Specialist to join our team in Hong Kong.
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for covering Hong Kong based institutional investors for FICC products (US Treasuries, Interest Rate Swaps, Cross Currency Swaps, Swaptions, Agency RMBS, Credit bonds)
- Work strategically to fill gaps in current franchise by onboarding new clients to Wells Fargo platform
- Work together with the team to achieve targeted revenue goals
- Cover clients with intensity, generating and distributing high quality content working together with trading and strategy teams
- Work closely with eSales to strengthen electronic distribution of cash and derivatives
- Mobilize and coordinate existing resources within Wells Fargo to facilitate Wells Fargo’s objective, e.g. setting up calls with senior personnel of target clients and arranging business events for senior team members.
- Assist in maintaining relationships and keep up-to-date on global political, economic and financial trends.
- Keep abreast of new or amended regulations and development of foreign or designated markets and advise Manager of any changes that may affect the decisions and planning in the trading/investment activities.
- Maintain the highest standards of attention to detail and professionalism.
- 5+ years of Securities Sales experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Good understanding of Greater China markets and clients, with Hong Kong and Central Banks coverage experiences is a plus.
- Superior communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Highly self- motivated; ability to work individually and within a global team.
- Thorough understanding of the investment management process.
- Bachelor’s Degree and HKSI Paper 1 required;
- Excellent commend in spoken and written English. Proficiency in Cantonese and Chinese is a plus.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.