About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer for the Global Securities Aggregation Platform (GSAP) team in support of the aggregation of securities from across the Wells Fargo enterprise. The position will play a key partnership role with the product stakeholders in requirements management, task prioritization, and solution delivery for processing securities position and security master reference data. The candidate must possess related financial services and risk management knowledge and expertise. GSAP is used to support critical current and future regulatory monitoring and reporting Risk Management processes having broad impacts internally to senior management, lines of business and compliance/audit functions and externally to regulatory agencies.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- Assist users, developers, and other team members in the identification and analysis of user needs and requirements gathering related to equity aggregation compliance monitoring and regulatory reporting
- Research user/stakeholder and technology requests to develop efficient and accurate functional requirements that are captured in JIRA as fully formed stories
- Perform data analysis and contribute to related data management design, development, testing, deployment, and post-deployment validations tasks
- Document user workflows, user process flows, and data flows using Visio (and/or other tools)
- Lead project or systems documentation, and monitor and manage project schedules and deliverables
- Ensure communication and information flow between users and technology teams
- Experience in Software Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Financial services experience with detailed knowledge of securities, including equities and fixed income instruments
- Agile framework experience and related tools such as JIRA and Confluence with particular focus on requirements (epics & stories) management
- Experience with requirements visualization, including creation of use cases and process flows
- Hybrid working model with the expectation of working a minimum of 3 days from the London office.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.