About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer.
Enterprise Platforms & Services (EPS) in Consumer Technology (CT) is seeking a lead software engineer to lead ETL/batch design/development and build highly scalable, resilient ETL/batch applications. The ideal candidate will be part of the engineering scrum team and partner with business/technical product managers, systems architects, and engineers to develop critical ETL solutions. In addition, this position will play a key role in managing/supporting all technology risk remediation/management tasks and also focus on modernization/transformation activities including cloud migration, and test automation. Candidate will also be responsible to ensure technology solutions implemented adheres to enterprise policies and standards including documentation of items such as Security Plans, Service Level Agreements, and general system documentation.
In this role, you will:
- Acts as an expert in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Develops highly complex code and also provide guidance to less experienced staff - Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Hands on development, unit testing and building high quality ETL solutions (using AbInitio and/or other tools like Apache Spark) that is simple, scalable, reliable, secure and maintainable.
- Participate in all phases of the SDLC including documentation, code reviews, research and support.
- Responsible for application support and address operational issues via standard processes.
- Champions continuous improvements in the organization.
- Ensures the craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of solutions developed.
- Ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met.
- Ensures that key areas of technology risk including security, stability, and scalability are addressed in the technology solutions.
- Interface with third party vendors and technology service providers as needed.
- Ensure effective Production systems monitoring, alarming and notification response/maintenance.
- Work with the scrum team to ensure that all release level activities are completed in a timely manner.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of experience with end-to-end design and delivery of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) applications
- 5+ years of AbInitio experience
- 5+ years of Oracle experience
- 5+ years of LINUX/UNIX experience
- 5+ years of Autosys experience
- 5+ years of Agile experience
- ETL/batch, data warehouse and data analytics delivery experience on internal or external cloud platforms
- Experience supporting or directing offshore teams
- Experience with one or more Agile tools used for tracking user stories or backlogs, such as Confluence or Jira
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Knowledge and understanding of secure SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies - static/dynamic testing
- Experience with Kafka and PubSub patterns tools
- 3+ years of Network Data Mover (NDM) experience
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud readiness/cloud design principles for batch/ETL/data applications
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience with Ab Initio products such as EME, Control Center, Metadata Hub, and Conduct IT
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse, geographically distributed team (including onshore and offshore)
- Experience with one or more Observability/Monitoring tools: Elastic, Kibana, Grafana, AppDynamics, New Relic, DataDog, Splunk, TrueSight
- Experience or familiarity with Java/Spring/REST/API/Apigee or API Management tools.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays, as needed
- Ability to work in a hybrid office environment - with 3 days/week (Tue, Wed, Thu) in the designated office location
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.