About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Systems Operations Engineer...
In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in managing all installed systems and infrastructure within the Systems Operations functional area
- Contribute in increasing system efficiencies and lowering the human intervention time on related tasks
- Review and analyze moderately complex operational support systems, application software, and system management tools to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Work with vendors and other technical personnel for problem resolution
- Lead team to meet technical deliverables while leveraging solid understanding of technical process controls or standards
- Collaborate with vendors and other technical personnel to resolve technical issues and achieve highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Systems Engineering, Technology Architecture experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Systems Engineering, and Technology Architecture, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 7+ Years of experience with the installation, upgradation, administration, patching and maintenance of Red Hat Enterprise Linux based Infrastructure Distributions running on RHEL version 5.x 6.x, 7.x.
- 2+ years of experience as SRE or DevOps Engineer.
- Intermediate level of experience in Building, Managing & Supporting high availability clusters like - Veritas Info Scale Clusters, Red Hat PCS Cluster and Oracle RAC clustering.
- Experience with network topology TCP/IP Network issues, internet routing issues and troubleshooting.
- Good Understanding of Automation Tools like HPSA, HPOO and ability to develop scripts to accomplish mass deployments.
- Advance level of experience with Linux Kernel troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with Ansible, Git, CI/CD systems.
- Strong coding skills, preferably Python.
- Knowledge in Hadoop Infrastructure Distributions (Hortonworks, Cloudera and MAPR) will be an added advantage.
- Able to work on shift and with on-call support on rotation.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.