About Wells Fargo India:
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation & Product, Analytics and Modelling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
Risk Data Services (RDS) within the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) business provides technology support to clients across U.S. based businesses including Wells Fargo Advisors. Risk Data services is a multi-tenant data services platform focused on delivering simple, efficient, and sustainable data supply chain solutions focused on Risk and Regulatory use cases.
About the Role:
The Risk Data Platform manages large volumes of data backed by Big Data technologies and provides compute capabilities for large datasets. As a Senior Software engineer in this team, you will be an Individual contributor for Managing Risk Data Services non-Production environments. You will be responsible for supporting data platform, managing access and entitlement, and ensuring proper controls. You will manage the tollgates to ensure quality of release and coordinate on issue resolutions.
- Participate in projects associated with the technology domain, including installation, upgrades, and deployment efforts
- Identify opportunity for service quality and availability within the technology domain environment
- Review and analyze technical assignments or challenges that are related to low to medium risk deliverables and that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternative technology domains
- Present recommendations for resolving issues or may escalate issues as needed to meet established service level agreements
- Exercise independent judgment while also developing understanding of given technology domain in reference to security and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with technology colleagues, internal partners, and stakeholders
- Should have 5+ years hands on experience on big data eco system such as Hadoop distributed file system, processing frameworks such as hive & spark.
- Should have 2+ years of Production/Platform Support experience in L1/L2/L3 roles
- Be able to analyze production defects, identify root cause of the issues and coordinate with relevant teams for issue resolution.
- Should have experience on Linux Operating System. Candidate should have good scripting and automation experience using any scripting language.
- Should have experience on relational (Oracle, SQL Server etc) as well as NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Hive, HBase.
- Hands on experience or basic understanding of programming languages such as Python, Scala, Java
- Good understanding of data transformation strategies.
- Should be able to debug Hive and Spark data pipelines.
- Should have experience in doing tollgate checks/validations for application code migrating to production and be able to manage the applications.
- Experience on agile methodologies and tracking the Applications defects using Kanban board
- Identify and utilize best practices in the industry to maximize efficient and elegant solutions
- Nice to have knowledge on DevOps tools Jenkins, git and code tools
- Preferred to have understanding of Cloudera/Hortonworks Cluster
- Certified in one of the bigdata areas: Bigdata certified developer or Administration
- Expertise in bigdata platform operations as well as support activities
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.