At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Cloud Principal Engineer in Technology as part of Commercial and Corporate & Investment Banking Technology (CCIBT). The CCIBT group supports the Commercial Banking and Corporate & Investment Banking businesses as well as Payment Solutions, Capital Markets Services, Wholesale Digitization, and International Technology across the firm. This diverse portfolio of capabilities spans multiple technology disciplines and strategic innovations. CCIBT provides strategic, enterprise-wide technology capabilities and enabling services to our lines of business and management of the applications in terms of skills, stability, security, scalability, speed, and cost. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
The primary focus of this group will be to lead the modernization efforts across the entire CCIBT portfolio of applications and systems to the cloud, leveraging the latest technologies and best practices. Being part of this team, you will advise, design, build and maintain high-scalable, highly available, secure, cost-effective cloud-based solutions. You will work closely with the key stakeholders in infrastructure, development, operations, and security teams to ensure our applications and systems successfully migrate to the cloud.
In this role, you will:
- Act as an advisor to leadership to develop or influence applications, network, information security, database, operating systems, or web technologies for highly complex business and technical needs across multiple groups
- Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex and unique challenges requiring in-depth evaluation across multiple areas or the enterprise, delivering solutions that are long-term, large-scale and require vision, creativity, innovation, advanced analytical and inductive thinking
- Translate advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions
- Provide vision, direction and expertise to leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations or provide a competitive advantage to the organization
- Strategically engage with all levels of professionals and managers across the enterprise and serve as an expert advisor to leadership
- Be a visionary but also a hands-on builder
- 7+ years of Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of experience with on-premises deployment to cloud environments
- 3+ years of experience leading cloud services design and deployments in technology such as, IaaS and PaaS
- 3+ years of experience in building and deploying cloud native solutions such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, infrastructure and enterprise architecture teams
- Deep technical expertise in one or more areas, such as Storage, Compute, Databases, AIML
- Professional Cloud Certification(s) from Cloud Security Alliance, AWS, Google, Microsoft, or equivalent industry-standard / professional organizations
- Experience working with cloud security management or governance tools
- Ability to manage initiatives related to cloud transformation, migration, modernization and implementation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to articulate technical solutions to both technical and business audiences
- Ability to deliver & engage with partners effectively in a multi-cultural environment by demonstrating co-ownership & accountability in a matrix structure
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to drive strategic outcomes
- Delivery focus and willingness to work in a fast-paced, enterprise environment
- 300 S Brevard St. - Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
- 1100 Corporate Center Dr. - Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
- 125 High St. - Boston, Massachusetts 02110
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.