About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Independent Testing Officer in the Independent Testing & Validation team (IT&V) as part of Regulatory Reporting Incremental Compliance (RRIC) team. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com
In this role, you will:
- Leading execution of moderate to high risk or complex testing activities/engagements in a matrixed environment, and communicates emerging risks to management
- Timely completion of testing engagements in accordance with annual test plan
- Leading and supporting efforts to credibly challenge risks in the end-to-end regulatory reporting processes and effectively evaluate controls to mitigate those risks
- Partnering with business partners to understand the environment and related initiatives to develop appropriate and complementary testing procedures
- Documenting test results and issues identified while also providing and communicating recommendations to management
- Reviewing and interpreting new and revised corporate and IT&V policies and procedures and assess impacts
- Developing clear and concise reporting to be shared with IT&V management and Front Line Units
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business, other second and third line functions, and IT&V functions
- Identifying and implementing efficiencies and process improvements, including automation opportunities pertaining to metrics and reporting
- 5+ years of relevant experience in regulatory reporting and risk management
- With direct experience in regulatory reporting and testing
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: compliance, risk management, or audit operations
- Big four public accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding SOX Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Specialized knowledge or prior regulatory compliance testing or review experience
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders or executives
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.