About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer. At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending businesses empower millions of customers to achieve their dreams every day. Whether it’s buying a home, purchasing a car, funding a significant purchase, or making important daily credit card purchases, Consumer Lending provides important credit products and services that help our customers succeed. The group includes Home Lending; Auto; Cards, Retail and Merchant Services; Personal Lending; Consumer Lending Control; and Consumer Lending Shared Services.Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer. At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending businesses empower millions of customers to achieve their dreams every day. Whether it’s buying a home, purchasing a car, funding a significant purchase, or making important daily credit card purchases, Consumer Lending provides important credit products and services that help our customers succeed. The group includes Home Lending; Auto; Cards, Retail and Merchant Services; Personal Lending; Consumer Lending Control; and Consumer Lending Shared Services.
In this role, you will:
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
- Contribute in development of API layers for automation of provisioning and deployment of Tanzu Application Services, Tanzu Kubernetes Grid, Windows Azure Pack, GCP and Windows Azure infrastructure components
- Development of REST APIs
- Ddevelopment of containerized applications running on Kubernetes.
- App modernization and refactoring to micro-services.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years experience in Java, Maven, Github, JUnit.
- 4+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 4+ years of Spring experience
- 3+ years of microservices development experience
- 3+ years’ experience with in-depth troubleshooting using splunk.
- 2+ years’ experience with dynaTrace or AppDynamics Application Performance Monitoring tools
- 2+ years of JIRA experience and working with agile framework
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud Foundry, Istio
- Have handled at least 2-3 large scale Kubernetes based application development and deployment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge/Skills/Ability Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge/Skills/Ability Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with version control or source code repositories to include: GitHub, Artifactory
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment: Gradle, uBuild, uDeploy, Jenkins
- Non-relational database experience such as MongoDB
- Experience working with multiple LOB and software development teams
- Experience with Automations and Unit Testing (Jasmine/Karma, Selenium, JUNIT)
- Experience with Cloud technologies (Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
- Experience with User Interface functional design (ADA principles)
- Experience working with offshore team members
- Strong presentation skills and experience in presenting to senior management
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.