About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
Corporate Risk enables all Wells Fargo businesses to identify and manage risk. The team focusses on several key risk areas including credit risk, operational risk, compliance risk, market risk and reputation risk.
Consumer Credit Risk team within Corporate Risk group is accountable for providing oversight on the management of credit risk exposures and the quality of credit risk management practices for all consumer lending portfolios – Credit Cards, Mortgages, Auto Loans, Personal Loans. This oversight extends to all phases of a loan’s life cycle, including origination, underwriting, risk analysis, approval, documentation, boarding, monitoring, loss recognition, modification, and collection activities.
Credit Risk develops, maintains, and ensures adherence to companywide credit risk frameworks, policies, and procedures that are aligned with the Board-approved risk appetite.
About the role
The Consumer Credit team is responsible for leading, developing and implementing strategic initiatives and processes to drive the company credit culture, appetite, and business performance.
The role is important to help bolster our credit risk capabilities for the various Consumer Lending businesses as they undergo several transformations. This role is for the Credit Cards Risk strategy team.
- This individual will be responsible to lead part of the Credit Card Risk Data team focusing on individual partners. Manages a team of Officers, Sr Associates and/or Associates in accomplishing goals and priorities.
- Leverage advanced analytics, and expert knowledge of Acquistion credit risk data infrastructure
- Develop and optimize Acquistion data and reports across various acquisition channels, build business cases to enhance risk management, customers experience and contribute to sustainable and profitable business growth;
- Conduct comprehensive analyses to assure timely monitoring of process efficacy and accuracy, minimizing credit/operating losses and reputation/ compliance risk exposure;
- Partner closely with product/marketing, system & technology, finance, compliance and other teams to develop new acquisition data marts;
- Collaborate with various credit and product groups and external vendors to develop effective ways to manage new account decisions, leveraging best practices and new data/tools;
- Create and share monitoring reporting and diagnostics on various credit, vintage, product, offer, channel, mix, delinquency, loss rate, usage/revenue and profitability performance information informing business users;
- Stay at the leading edge of emerging trends and capabilities in the domains of consumer lending and credit risk
- Lead implementation of complex initiatives with moderate to high risk for the line of business.
- Manage communication and collaboration with business heads, Legal, Audit, and regulators on risk related topics.
- Manage a team of Lead and Senior consultants or cross-functional teams in accomplishing goals and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, finance, economics, econometrics or computer sciences
- 9+ years of progressive experience in risk or analytics
- 6+ years of credit risk experience in consumer/unsecured lending in data modeling and reporting function
- Strong Credit Risk analytics skills and comprehensive understanding of cards P&L and risk drivers
- Strong experience in Enterprise data ware house databases like –Teradata, SQL Server and DB2
- Experience moving teams and organizations from Waterfall to Agile methodologies and Agile Transformations
- Direct experience in developing acquisitions risk data marts
- Expertise in advanced statistical tools such as SAS, SQL/Python, Tableau
- Strong experience in HDFS/Hadoop file system and expertise in writing hive queries by understanding map/reduce functionality
- Ability to design and structure complex data & data architecture framework and analytical reporting
- Ability to lead project teams and coordinate with multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of credit card lending practices, policies, and procedures
- Management experience leading teams of analysts / risk professionals
- Ability to contribute to strategic decisions and coordinate with multiple stakeholders. Develop consensus and gain buy-in for strategic priorities
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional area
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root cause, and provide swift/thorough resolution
- Knowledge and understanding of the key factors impacting credit offerings, including credit risks and regulatory requirements
- Understanding of risk management practices, controls, data quality checks
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership abilities.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.