About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Finance & Accounting Coordinator supporting our Affiliate Funding business.
In this role, you will:
- Support less experienced staff to drive overall effectiveness of team in preparing data and assisting in research on product line, operational, and strategic planning.
- Provide feedback and present ideas for improving or implementing processes and tools
- Perform complex operational tasks, assist with research of financial, operating and economic data analyses testing, resolution of problems
- Apply understanding of risk management requirements and compliance for finance area
- Provide interpretation of procedures to less experienced staff
- Escalate non-routine questions to more experienced management
- Interact with Finance team, functional area and business partners on a wide range of information.
- 2+ years of Finance experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo legal entity structure is a plus.
- Basic understanding of macros programming using VBA/Access is highly preferred.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical skills with ability to apply critical judgment and come up with effective decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proficiency for detailed documentation with ability to validate work.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and ability to maximize use of formulas and functions to streamline reporting needs.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and perform under pressure with a high motivation and able to meet stringent deadlines with strong sense of urgency and results and detail orientation.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute a body of work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional research, data entry and exception handling skills.
- Flexibility to work in night shifts, or weekends/holidays if deemed necessary by the business.
- Possess an impeccable reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency and business acumen.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.