About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of application development experience using c#/.net
- 3+ years of experience with infrastructure configuration, management and remediation including components like Single Sign-on (SSO), LDAP and F5 Load Balancers
- 2+ years of experience with installation and infrastructure configuration of RSA Archer 5.x or above
- 3+ years of experience planning and executing BCP activities
- 5+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 2+ years of experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) concepts
- 3+ years of experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- 2+ years of experience coaching and guiding new joiners and junior developers
- 3+ years of SQL experience with either Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle
- Ability to design, develop, and implement large scale/complex software applications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Experience identifying key issues, involve affected parties, design solutions, obtain buy-in, and communicate effectively through resolution
- Hands-on design and development using C#/.net and related libraries
- Hands-on experience installing and configuring infrastructure to host RSA Archer 5.x or above
- Plan and manage BCP activities
- Act as SME for software patching, infrastructure planning, and deployment tools
- Partnering with key stakeholders to understand their needs and implement technology solutions.
- Create thorough designs - taking care to assure that designs integrate well existing systems
- Work closely with technology managers, stakeholders, developers and other team members to design, implement, build and test the solution
- Design, develop, test, and deploy data integration initiative.
- Analyzes complex requirements and translates to technical design and specifications
- Work on complex problems where analysis of data requires a solid grasp of compliance, regulatory and technology risk domains.
- Implement batch jobs, scheduling and data loads with exception management and notifications
- Understanding of Wells Fargo and EIT integration patterns, architecture and systems
- Work closely with project and other technology teams to understand requirements and overall architecture of the solution
- Ability to troubleshoot preexisting configuration within the platform quickly and effectively
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.