At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo.
It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo Commercial Banking is seeking a Senior Lead Commercial Relationship Manager to support our Government Banking segment. The Senior Lead Relationship Manager will support and grow a portfolio of the largest government population entities in the state/geography. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and manage complex portfolio of commercial banking account relationships
- Ensure overall growth opportunities for customers and understand their business, goals and strategies
- Participate in the completion of major transactions
- Originate, structure and execute transactions related to investment banking, commercial lending, treasury management and other credit related products
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and risk control development
- Make decisions and resolve issues to meet business objectives
- Interpret policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Provide coaching and mentoring in the development of less experienced relationship managers
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including more experienced managers
- Lead team to achieve objectives
- 7+ years of Commercial Relationship Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Previous account relationship experience working with government clients to include experience with formal procurement process
- High ability to collaborate with product partners and leverage Wells Fargo subject matter experts
- Knowledge of municipal credit structures and understanding of risk management
- Established network in the large government sector in Georgia and Southeast
- Knowledge of complex treasury management products and services
- Demonstrated business development skills with a track record of growing market share and consistently delivering strong sales performance
- Strong communication skills and a comfort level with delivering formal presentations to clients or at industry conferences
- Strong leadership of relationship coverage and deal teams including, Credit and Risk Management, Debt Capital Markets, Investment Banking and Executive Management
- Independently leading the most complex transactions to successful conclusion
- Ability to influence others, both internally and externally, by delivering compelling communications based on data, expertise and relationship management
- Ability to communicate strategic plans to executive leadership
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.