About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Operational Risk Officer...
In this role, you will:
- Develop, implement, and monitor risk-based programs to identify, assess, and mitigate any operational risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or external events
- Maintain a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems, and internal controls
- Analyze extremely complex business and system changes to determine impact, identify operational risk issues and participate in the development of risk ratings
- Provide operational risk expertise and consulting to complex business units for initiatives with high risk, generally spanning multiple business lines
- Design and develop the most complex testing strategies, methodologies and analyses
- Consult with the business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manage change
- Identify training opportunities
- Design and coordinate the development of training materials and coordinate or deliver training
- Report findings and develop business cases to influence executive management, management committee member or head of business on the need for controls to mitigate risk
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Lead project or virtual teams and mentor less experienced staff
Required Qualifications, US:
- 10+ years of Operational Risk experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Operational Risk or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.