About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to support the suite of applications under Online & Digital Banking as part of Digital Technology and Innovation.
In this role, you will:
• Partner with cross-organizational teams to ensure end-to-end platform engineering capabilities are implemented, ensuring resilience, high performance, and high availability of the applications.
• Provide cross-functional and cross-organizational coordination on root cause analysis for any production issues.
• Work with your global team to support portfolio of applications across all LOBs for various engineering and support functions.
Maintain and guide automation, execution and undertake analysis of results to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and/or client and technical requirements.
• Manage, coordinate, and communicate solutions, and root cause analysis.
• Support portfolio of applications across technologies.
• Provide technical consultation and support in the development of end-to-end automated software solutions capable of interfacing and integrating with in-house developed or vendor developed solutions or plug-ins via APIs and web services.
• Be responsible for production deployments, ensuring governance and controls and act as a gatekeeper for any production environment changes.
• Provide expert counsel to team and senior leadership, advises and mentors team when in need.
• Learn new tools and concepts in platform engineering space to implement automation, building and testing CI/CD pipelines, Ansible, Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic APM tools, and Cloud engineering concepts etc.
• Lead or participate in managing all installed systems and infrastructure within the systems Operations functional area
• Contribute to increasing system efficiencies and lowering the human intervention time on related tasks
• Review and analyze moderately complex operational support systems, application software, and system management tools to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
• Work with vendors and other technical personnel for problem resolution
• Lead team to meet technical deliverables while leveraging solid understanding of technical process controls or standards.
• Collaborate with vendors and other technical personnel to resolve technical issues and achieve highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
• Document and communicate leveraging enterprise processes – leverage confluence/JIRA/ServiceNow, lead with clarity and ability to bring structure to operational functions.
Required Qualifications, US:
4+ years of Systems Engineering, Technology Architecture experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
4 + years of experience troubleshooting environments across the entire architecture (i.e., applications to infrastructure)
3+ years of environment test coordination, code deployment, release management and communication.
4+ years of application production support experience
3+ Years' experience supporting APIs or Microservices
3+ years of experience with various platform operation tools and technologies like Splunk/AppDynamics/JIRA/Prometheus/Elastic APM/Grafana or similar tools.
Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
4+ years of experience developing or supporting IT Service Management solutions
4+ years of distributed servers platform experience
Ability to work with your global team to support portfolio of applications across all LOBs for various engineering and support functions.
Good Understanding of ITIL process (Incident/Change/Problem Management) with hands on experience in ServiceNow
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; with demonstrated ability to drive clarity and bring structure to operational functions.
Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with quick adaptation to new technologies, methodologies, and systems, good documentation skills.
Understanding of Cloud native technologies and concepts.
Familiar/Expert in Monitoring and Alerting tools like Splunk/AppD/Grafana/Prometheus/Elastic APM.
Ability to lead and manage to production goals, deadlines, and various metrics
Ability to identify root-cause issues/improvement opportunities, and design approaches
Experience with a customer service mindset and a focus on continuous improvement
Strong desire to learn latest enhancements in technology.
Support technical efforts to design, build, and deploy cloud applications at the direction of lead architects
Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for cloud solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance
Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures.
Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity.
Ability to work extra hours as and when needed.
Engineering mindset and attitude towards learnings, ready to face new technical challenges
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
This position offers a hybrid work schedule.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
· 1755 Grant St., Concord, CA
· 333 Market Street, San Francisco, CA
· 794 Davis St., San Leandro, CA
· 2600 S Price Rd., Chandler, AZ
· 2222 W Rose Garden Ln, Phoenix, AZ
California- 100,800.00 - 179,200.00 USD Annual
Pay Range$100,800.00 - $179,200.00 Annual
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.