About this role:
The Enterprise Finance function contains the Corporate Controllers division, which includes the Enterprise Controls & Oversight (EC&O) group. The Enterprise COSO testing team is a component of EC&O. Enterprise COSO testing professionals will have enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial and regulatory reporting infrastructure.
The Enterprise COSO Testing team within EC&O supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry-leading internal control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
• Providing meaningful assessments of controls in scope for financial and regulatory reporting
• Assessing compliance with Well Fargo & Company’s COSO based policies for internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going compliance with COSO policies (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters)
• Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders
• Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts
• Providing process and control support and thought leadership for projects
• Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and others on control related matters; and,
• Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment.
In this role, you will:
• Perform COSO Monitoring responsibilities including:
- Supervise and review the control test work of other COSO Team Members
- Perform walkthroughs of significant processes and ensure required COSO documentation is accurate and reflects relevant risk and key controls
- Partner with IT and business Process Owners/Control Owners to document significant in-scope processes according to corporate COSO policy (process narratives and process flow diagrams).
- Validate and challenge risk assessment conclusions, including assessing the appropriateness and completeness of key risk and key controls identified
- Validate and provide credible challenge to identified shared services, third party service providers, and significant applications
- Perform COSO testing of key controls, including design effectiveness assessments and operating effectiveness testing
- Validate and challenge documentation of control deficiencies, including issue description, root cause, unmitigated impact, and corrective actions
- Analyze the severity of control deficiencies, both individually and in the aggregate, and the impact to internal control over financial reporting
- Assess the components of internal control for the business unit
- Monitor open control deficiencies and validating corrective actions
• Build relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business and IT functions related to assigned process areas.
• Plan, execute, or provide oversight for testing and monitoring involving complex subject matter and/or provide technical interpretation.
• Support implementation of key initiatives.
4+ years of Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Reporting or Business and Technology Audit experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Designation
- Internal control testing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal Reserve and OCC
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to present to senior level executives
- “Participation in an industry group or organization that aligns with Wells Fargo’s support of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.”
Position available in locations listed only
Visa sponsorship not available for this role
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.