About this role:
Digital Treasury & Client Origination Technology (DTCOT) in the Payments Treasury Management and Customer Care Technology (PTCT) group is seeking an experienced Software Engineering Manager for leading Payments Origination Services, supporting domestic and international payment types. The technology manager will manage key application design, development, support and end to end lifecycle management for Treasury Management customers and other Lines of business.
In this role, you will:
- Manage, coach, and develop a team of individual contributor engineer roles with low to moderate complexity and less experienced managers who are responsible for building high quality capabilities with modern technology
- Ensure adherence to the Banking Platform Architecture, and meeting non-functional requirements with each release
- Engage with architects and experienced engineers to incorporate Wells Fargo Technology technical strategies, while understanding next generation domain architecture to enable application migration paths to target architecture; for example, cloud readiness, application modernization and data strategy
- Function as the technical representative for the product during cross-team collaborative efforts and planning
- Identify and recommend opportunities for driving resolution of technology roadblocks including code, build and deployment while also managing overall software development cycle and security standards
- Act as an escalation partner for scrum masters and the teams to make decisions and help remove impediments, obstacles, and friction while encouraging constant learning, experimentation, and continual improvement culture
- Build engineering skills side-by-side in the codebase, conduct peer reviews to evaluate quality and solution alignment to technical direction, and guide design, as needed
- Interpret, develop, and ensure security, stability, and scalability within functions of technology with low to moderate complexity, as well as identify, manage and mitigate technology and enterprise risk
- Collaborate and consult with the Product Managers/Product Owners to drive user satisfaction, influence technology requirements and priorities in the product roadmap, promote innovative and intelligent solutions, generate corporate value and articulate technical strategy while being a solid advocate of agile and DevOps practices.
- Interact directly with third party vendors and technology service providers.
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for technology engineering including career development and performance management for engineers and managers on the team
- Hire, mentor and guide talent development of direct reports to build the skills required to effectively design and deliver innovative solutions for the supported product areas/products.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 2+ years of Leadership experience
- 4+ years of Strong Design experience in Design Patterns, Domain Driven Design, and Event based integration.
- 2 +years of experience in Kafka.
- 4+ years of experience in Java API. Microservices, Containers, Databases (Oracle, Mongo), and Kafka/ MQ
- 4+ years of CICD tools (GitHub, TFS, Jenkins, Maven or Gradle, uDeploy) experience
- 2+ years of Cloud experience
- 2+ years of Agile Methodology
- Ability to deliver and engage with partners effectively in a multi-cultural environment by demonstrating co-ownership and accountability.
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Experience leading individual contributors both onshore and offshore
Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse, geographically distributed team
Experience with production support teams in a fast-paced, customer-facing application environment including leading high visibility production incidents where SLAs are crucial to business success.
Demonstrated technical experience and hands on experience to help be a key driver in all architectural decisions
Experience working with Wholesale Payments
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Oracle Service Bus
- Willing to explore and adapt to new technologies and tools as needed.
- Be willing to work non-standard business hours on an on-call basis in a 24x7 environment.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.