About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Operations Processor.
This position is the first step in a rewarding career in financial services. You'll learn about payment processing, and the financial services industry. Lockbox is a high-volume, fast-paced, deadline driven production environment working behind the scenes with little, if any, customer contact.
As a Senior Operations Processor, you will oversee the daily activities for a functional area within Lockbox Operations.
You will coordinate, prioritize, and distribute daily work; monitor work in progress, adjustment staff resources as needed; coordinate training; and assist in scheduling staff to meet production deadlines. Provide production and performance feedback to site leadership. Other duties may include: opening, receiving, logging, batching, scanning, preparing and distributing incoming and/or outgoing mail, as well as, data entry and routine math calculations.
The successful Work Director will demonstrate strong attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to follow procedures, and basic computer knowledge. They have the desire and motivation to constantly improve their ability to perform each function quickly and accurately. The working environment is fun with a casual dress code in a highly secure facility.
In this role, you will:
- Support Operations in completing larger and more complex business, operational, and customer support initiatives and overall effectiveness of team performance
- Use technical expertise in the designated area and resolve escalated issues
- Provide feedback and present ideas for improving or implementing processes and customer support
- Perform complex operational and customer support initiatives within Operations functional area
- Assist staff, managers, and colleagues and provide guidance and interpretation of policies and procedures
- Apply technical knowledge and expertise to perform work and action requests
- Provide subject matter expertise and interpretation of procedures to staff
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with internal customers
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of operations support experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Lockbox experience
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to achieve high production and quality standards
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Good reporting skills
- A demonstrated focus on coaching, mentoring and guiding team member development
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change
- Ability to work additional hours as needed based on business needs
- Schedule flexibility to work some bank holidays as needed based on business needs
- Ability to lift 10+ pounds
- Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM or until work is complete + ability to work two Saturday Shifts per month 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM or until work is complete
• Starting at $22.00/ hourly ( based on experience)
- 18035 Sperry Dr. Tukwila, WA 98188
Pay Range$20.29 - $30.48 Hourly
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.