About Wells Fargo India & Philippines
Wells Fargo India & Philippines enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. WIP operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about WIP at our International Careers website.
Commercial Operations within WFIP supports the Commercial Banking (CB) and Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) businesses across number of key operational activities covering the entire client life cycle. The function sits under the Commercial Operations business vertical with in Wells Fargo Indian & Philippines and undertakes variety of operation – Lending operations, Trade Finance operations, Treasury Management and Payment solutions, International payments and Financial Crime Ops. The operations covers all stages of client lifecycle including onboarding, account set up, client servicing and providing active support on daily client transactions. These operations support all of Commercial Banking business and some processes go beyond commercial banking and provide support across the board to other lines of business as well. Trade Finance Operations is part of the international operations within the Commercial Banking operations and supports the WF Trade Finance business and client’s transactions on a real time basis across multiple geographies.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Trade Services Manager (M2). Role is responsible for servicing and supporting trade service products including issuing letters of credit, processing documents, collections, lending, forfaiting, export credit and financing, and factoring.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop a team to support the delivery of international trade services businesses, products and systems
- Manage trade operations business
- Lead through other managers or a professional team
- Develop opportunities for short term strategies for process improvement and risk control development
- Make decisions and resolve issues regarding long-term global trade strategies
- Partner with overseas operations and relationship teams in delivering trade services to customers in multiple countries
- Monitor workflows and productivity to ensure service level agreements for delivery and quality are met or exceeded
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers
- Lead team to achieve objectives
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Trade Services
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring talent
- Lead Trade Finance operations across sites to ensure Trade Finance service delivery is undertaken to the required enterprise operations & controls standards to meet the business expectations.
- Fully understand the Trade Finance Domain, Comply with applicable laws, regulations, and enterprise policies (including issue management and escalation policies) and understanding the company’s Risk Management Framework.
- Drive and motivate the team and establish a client focused culture of high performance, ownership, accountability, transparency and sustained performance
- Drive the team towards continuous process improvements, identifying opportunities for increasing productivity, efficiency, accuracy and improving controls and where ideas to eliminate waste are encouraged.
- Build and foster collaborative relationship with business partners and stakeholders. Ensure there is regular connect with key stakeholders to review performance, priorities and other business initiatives.
- Build a strong operations rhythm where meritocracy and positive behavior is rewarded, there is adequate talent management and succession planning and staff are encouraged to learn and grow.
- Actively engage with transformation partners to ensure Trade Finance operations continue to improve on operational risk, reduce manual errors and improves customer service.
- Develop requisite reporting & business metrics to monitor and drive the right outcome for the business operations.
- Demonstrate ability to challenge existing processes where they do not align with the Target Operating model and suggest solutions to bring efficiencies in the process
- Understand the cost of operations and continuously look at opportunities to drive the cost down without impacting the delivery.
- Maintain strong culture of control and conduct and ensure risk is managed proactively and all process have robust business resiliency which is reviewed and tested periodically along with LoB and risk partners.
- Experience in Trade Services, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Leadership experience
- 15+ years of experience with 8+ years in leading and managing Trade Finance operations in a global Banking / Financial Services environment preferably with CDCS qualification
- Well versed in various ICC rules (e.g. UCP600, ISPB745, Incoterms, & URR or Uniform Rules for Reimbursement).
- Working knowledge of complex L/C structure, documentation, governing rules, standards and regulations, policies, international and domestic bank operations and credit risk implications.
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of compliance and regulatory requirements in international banking.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and managing multiple competing priorities
- Excellent Communication, planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management, networking and relationship management skills.
- Strong client orientation and understanding of operational risk.
- Ability to drive change and transformation, project management & implementation in business operations.
- Demonstrates a high degree of reliability, integrity, and trustworthiness in all areas
- Takes ownership and accountability for responsibilities, business outcomes, and for management of risk exposure.
Role Context: This is for a leadership role within WF I&P Commercial Banking Trade Finance Operations management team to lead Trade Finance Operations across I&P . The function is currently undergoing significant growth over next 6 months and this role is part of that growth. The growth includes scaling up in both, the headcount and complexity of incoming work up under stringent timelines and ensuring teams understand the increased ownership and service responsibilities to the business. This incumbent in this role will be expected to demonstrate significant leadership, strong understanding of Trade Finance payments domain. The individual will be expected to build the required operating rhythm to sustain existing operations, support incoming transition, ensure there is robust training during the transition period and team fully understand the process, business being supported, client impact and risk associated with in the process. The individual will be required to work under stringent timelines, maintain strong engagement with multiple functions and take ownership of the delivery of the existing team and getting the processes under transitions to a steady state. This will require the incumbent to remain hands on, fully understand the scope of the work and establish adequate governance and oversight.
- Role will follow an APAC shift either starting at 9AM or 12NN Monday to Friday reporting onsite at 5 Neo, BGC, Taguig)
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.