About Wells Fargo India & Philippines
Wells Fargo India & Philippines is a critical component of Wells Fargo’s strategy to leverage distinct advantages in doing business in a global environment. Wells Fargo India & Philippines is primarily an extension of the technology, operations, and corporate support teams of Wells Fargo. It engages in application development and support, testing, other technology functions, international operations, knowledge support, and middle and back-end banking process solutions for a wide spectrum of Wells Fargo’s needs. It currently has offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Manila.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Control Management Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop a team to handle complex customer service tasks and create Escalations related initiatives and programs to support business goals and objectives
- Engage internal partners associated with the Escalations functional area
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement, service standards, and goals within the Escalations functional area
- Make decisions and resolve issues regarding internal and external client complaints
- Interpret and develop Escalations policies and procedures to ensure quality and that service standards meet business objectives
- Collaborate with Customer Service team and first line supervisors
- Interact directly with internal and external customers to resolve their inquiries and complaints
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for aligned functional area or business group
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring talent
- University degree in Business or related discipline.
- 15+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 15+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in risk management demonstrated through work.
- 5+ years of leadership experience demonstrated through work or military experience.
- Strong understanding of Process, Risk and Control and experience with RCSA (Risk Control Self Assessments)
- Meaningful knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
- Demonstrated capability to confidently raise issues, escalate early, and engage in constructive credible challenge independently
- Good communication Skills
- Strong written communication
- Attention to detail & critical deadlines
- Sound knowledge of MS Office especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in Corporate and Investment Banking
- Certification in Risk Management such as ORM/FRM/CISA is desirable
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to effectively listen and elicit information
- Experience leading, training, and providing feedback to staff and corresponding managers
- Management experience
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines coupled with experience renegotiating times lines when needed.
- Thorough knowledge of industry standards and best practices around risk management processes.
- Proficiency with risk types, methodologies and frameworks for evaluating or testing controls and assessing results, conducting research, and identifying control deficiencies.
- Experience in assessing risk, reviewing risk ratings, and identifying control deficiencies.
- Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; additional experience analyzing business and/or systems changes to determine impact.
- Familiar with various quality assurance techniques.
- Risk management experience with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive improvements.
- Proficient at influencing and consulting strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders.
- Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with senior executive-level leaders.
- Balance strong, innovative problem solving skills with the practical ability to implement workable solutions to problems in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.