About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Control Management Officer...
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives designed to mitigate current and emerging risks with broad impact
- Act as key participant in monitoring, evaluating, and measuring the impact of decisions practiced in Control Management functional area
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs, and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk-mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Develop and implement risk monitoring and risk reporting processes and controls
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations, and provide guidance in developing and implementing risk-mitigating strategies
- Lead Control Management project or virtual teams
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Risk Management, Control Management, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- University degree in Business or related discipline.
- 10-12 years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 8++ years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in risk management demonstrated through work.
- Strong understanding of Process, Risk and Control and experience with RCSA (Risk Control Self Assessments)
- Meaningful knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
- Demonstrated capability to confidently raise issues, escalate early, and engage in constructive credible challenge independently
- Good oral communication skills and strong written communication
- Attention to detail & critical deadlines
- Sound knowledge of MS Office especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Certification in Risk Management such as ORM/FRM/CISA is desirable
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks across all risk types, in coordination with LOB and assurance activities consistent with the risk management framework and policies established by Independent Risk Management.
- Support LOB RCSA Affirmation process(s) and related feeder/governance meetings.
- Review and approval process for line managers through senior management
- Support the execution and maintenance of RCSA program which includes:
- Identify risks applicable for the RAU
- Ensure data is up to date
- Identify items that are applicable to the RAU in the data provided
- Identify risk drivers
- Ensure process inventory is updated in the RCSA RAU
- Assesses, documents, and communicates emerging risks, themes and identified control deficiencies to management and risk partners in a timely manner.
- Foster strong relationships with team and collaborate effectively. Ensures coordination with team, line of business, other business units, Audit, and regulators on risk related topics.
- Ensures internal collaboration with the team, line of business/ partners.
- Interfaces internally with the team, line of business, and risk partners.
- Timely update, reporting and escalation of issues.
- Closely work with GDAs to identify, assess and mitigate deficient controls / control gaps or risks identified in the processes
- Partners with BG/EF to facilitate issues partners throughout the issue lifecycle including Root cause identification, Corrective action development and RCSA alignment.
- Experience in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; additional experience analyzing business and/or systems changes to determine impact.
- Assist for control forums and provide necessary reporting for the assigned business group which includes report & escalate issues, key risks, control gaps, corrective actions, OREs and align them to the respective onshore Risk and Control Committees.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.