About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
Corporate Model Risk (CMoR): Wells Fargo’s Corporate Model Risk is responsible for independently overseeing the management of model risk exposures across the enterprise (including governing, monitoring, and reporting on aggregate model risk exposures, model validations, and model oversight across enterprise). This oversight extends to all phases of a model’s life cycle, including identification, development, validation, implementation, finding resolution, usage, performance monitoring, documentation, and retirement.
About the Role:
CMoR operates in a fast-paced work environment with continuously changing policies and technologies. The successful candidate is expected to be self- motivated, require minimal supervision, and produce work that is consistent with CMoR’s recognized high standards. Effective work will involve familiarity with source systems of record, analytical data and sampling plans, model replications, model performance assessments, and test model development as effective challenges to lines of business. It further requires strength in writing detailed standard analytical reports to ensure Wells Fargo’s compliance with governance policies and regulations. Each validation report will include assessments of the specific business, model purpose and history, the model methodology, data integrity, model development, performance, implementation, and monitoring. These documents are read by a broad audience, including auditors and regulators.
- CMoR serves as the second line of defense to ensure the integrity of Wells Fargo’s model inventory. A Senior Quantitative Analytics Specialist is an individual contributor role. This position will focus primarily on Commercial Credit model validations. However, frequent special projects and seasonal requirements for CCAR validations will provide a variety of modeling contexts throughout each year. A validation project typically begins and ends with the analyst, requiring broad and continuous attention to detail, comprehensive documentation, and interactions with developers. Meetings with auditors and regulators will require recall of validation details.
- A Senior Quantitative Analytics Specialist should have a deep academic knowledge, broad based approach to solutioning business problems. He/she should approach the problem agnostic of analytic technique, tool or process. Ability to think outside the box and provide ensemble solutions should set them apart to be a high performing team member.
- 5-8 years of experience with minimum Masters/Phd in a quantitative field such as Data Science, Statistics, econometrics, computer sciences, or any other behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis.
- Strong mathematical, statistical, analytical and computational skills.
- Candidates with experience in credit analytics, Stress Testing (CCAR, PRA, CECL) in Commercial/ Retail space will be preferred.
- Candidate should have hands on experience on Python, Pyspark and related libraries. Understanding of SAS would be an additional plus.
- Experience in model development/ model validation using techniques like Machine learning, Time Series Forecasting, Regression
- Proven history of developing benchmarking and alternative models in Python/R/SAS.
- Contributing to the improvement of model building and model use practices
- Providing analytical support and offering insights regarding a wide array of business initiatives.
- Experience in performing model validations and clearly documenting evidence of validation activities. Communicating model risk findings and limitations to key stakeholders.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.