Operations streamlines business performance by integrating and transforming delivery on a global scale to consistently provide superior customer experiences and increase shareholder value.
Operations drives efficiency and risk mitigation through process simplification, functional consolidation, automation, and effective controls.
Operations Utilities is responsible for managing company-wide utility functions to drive scale, operational efficiency, and consistency while designing and executing improvements to automate processes and support the implementations of internal controls.
Operation Utility - Quality Assurance
The objective of the QA team is intended to provide reasonable assurance that the business processes and risk-mitigating controls are operating as designed and expected, and those risks are sufficiently mitigated. Furthermore, these activities should enable proactive self-identification of issues and events, root cause analysis, reporting, and resolution of process and control deficiencies and adverse customer impacts.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Team, by design, serves as a post transaction quality assurance function, aligning to the definition of a Quality Assurance per the Quality Assurance Policy.
Quality assurance activities, including the evaluation of transactions, files, or other items to verify consistent application of regulatory and internal policy requirements and to assess the quality of controls. These reviews may be performed manually or through automated means.
In this role, you will:
- Support the drafting and implementation of Quality Assurance governance documents across Utilities
- Partner with LOB representatives to appropriately document QA program requirements in procedures and ensure existing program documentation complies with Enterprise standards
- Ensure program documentation has appropriate approvals and is stored according to acceptable standards
- Create documentation hierarchy for all QA program
- Support QA program with preparation for regulatory examinations and response
- Perform review activities related to Ops Utilities QA activities that will provide reasonable assurance that controls are designed and operating effectively
- Work with all areas of Ops Utilities QA program to create job aids
- Raise issues to management to ensure Corrective Actions can be created
- Provide feedback and present ideas for improving or implementing processes and tools within QA group
- Perform or guide others on complex escalated issues that require planning, evaluation, and interpretation
- Lead or contribute to implementation of new or revised processes and procedures that require coordination among operation teams
- Exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and risk control development
- 10+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: Financial Crimes area, business support, Operational Risk Management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services demonstrated through work or military experience
- Strong procedure writing skills
- Experience in creating, executing, and documenting QA/Compliance/Audit/post transactional testing
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Critical thinking skills
- Experience in executing Quality Assurance Activities and supplementing existing practices through the execution of business monitoring, surveillance, and/or Quality Assurance/Quality Control activities
- Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems, and internal controls; analyzing business and/or system changes to determine impact, identify and assess operational risk issues
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.