About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Pega Lead Software Engineer, as part of Technology for the Chief Operating Office. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
This position will cover jobs responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of general modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives in Pega including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of Pega development and implementation experience with applications, databases, or a combination of both
- Pega CSSA is required with 2+ years of work experience as a CSSA
- 1+ years of experience developing in Pega version 8.x
- 2+ years of experience developing in an agile methodology
- An industry-standard technology certification of LSA
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to grasp complex business issues quickly, recommend solutions, and drive for resolutions
- Knowledge and understanding of technical documentation: impact analysis, detailed designs and unit test plans
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience working on Splunk
- Experience working with Kafka
- Experience working with SQL
- Previous work experience in other software development languages such as Java.
- Will work with onshore team 3 days a week in the office.
- Will join a Kanban team to develop Pega solutions to support the development of solutions that support customer refunds.
- Will support existing lead developers on the project.
- Will also work with offshore teams that contribute deliverables for the same product.
- This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.