About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Control Management Specialist...
In this role, you will:
- Participate in identifying, assessing, managing, and mitigating current and emerging risk exposures within Control Management functional area
- Provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes, and business controls
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Provide guidance to business groups on the development, implementation, and monitoring of business specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Risk Management, Control Management, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- The specialist will carry a pipeline of issues and will be responsible to attend applicable business calls to challenge and bring awareness to key issue management elements and criteria
- Review and provide challenge on completed Issue Management documentation
- Facilitate customer impact conversations and completion of required remediation documentation
- Review and Process updates to Issue Management records
- Review Issue Management status reports and take action when applicable with partners
- Ensure effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs and controls according to standards and other applicable policies
- University degree in Business or related discipline.
- 6-8 years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 5+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in risk management demonstrated through work.
- Good understanding of Process, Risk and Control and experience with RCSA (Risk Control Self Assessments)
- Meaningful knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
- Demonstrated capability to confidently raise issues, escalate early, and engage in constructive credible challenge independently
- Good oral communication skills and strong written communication
- Attention to detail & critical deadlines
- Sound knowledge of MS Office especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Certification in Risk Management such as ORM/FRM/CISA is desirable
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced knowledge of issue management policy
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Ability to develop and manage business relationships
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
- Familiar with various quality assurance techniques
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly.
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: compliance, risk management, or audit operations
- Experience creating, executing, and documenting compliance, control, and business process testing
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.