Specific responsibilities include:
- Act as the key point of contact for senior leaders and key partners in CRE businesses, IRM, Wells Fargo Audit, regulators, and other constituents; ensure that all inquiries are responded to appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Manage CRE-wide strategic initiatives with complex corrective actions and critical deadlines and deliverables related to regulatory commitments.
- Continuously engage in discussions with LOB partners on strategy, industry trends, organizational changes, and new/modified markets, systems, products and services, to determine impact and identify and remediate risk and control issues across all risk types.
- Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA): Guide the CRE business leader(s) through detailed risk and control evaluations.
- Issue / Incident Management and Loss Capture: Assess operational risk incidents using methods such as root cause analysis. Consult with business to develop corrective action plans.
- Oversee implementation progress and conduct validation efforts as required. Coordinate with business and support partners for creation of Self-Disclosed issues in Issues Management system of record. Record losses in the system of record, as applicable.
- Management Reporting: Establish and update regular risk reports for communication of risk ratings, issues and key topics.
- Exams / Reviews: Coordinate with internal testing engagements such as Enterprise T&V, Internal audit, and Regulatory exams.
- Projects & Platform Initiatives: Work with the business and support teams to provide operational risk expertise and consulting for projects and platform initiatives, taking into account impacts to risk & control framework.
- Follow and adhere to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
In this role, you will:
- Act as an advisor to more experienced leaders in developing risk mitigation strategies for complex and highly integrated business specific risk across different business lines
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report impact of decisions and business controls to the relevant business group and enterprise function
- Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex current and emerging risks requiring in depth evaluation across multiple areas or the enterprise, as well as good understanding of financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, and business process management
- Provide vision, direction, and expertise to more experienced leaders on implementing innovative and significant business solutions for highly complex risks associated with business operations
- Lead and mentor Control Management project or virtual teams
- Engage with all levels of roles across the business group, and serve as an experienced advisor in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes, and controls that mitigate risks and address regulatory requirements
Required Qualifications, US:
9+ years of Risk Management or Financial Services Industry experience, or equivalent experience demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
Experience in Risk Management or Financial Services industry, or equivalent experience demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 9+ years of commercial real estate experience
- Superior project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Knowledge and understanding of project management and implementation in a matrix managed environment
- Advanced knowledge of issue management policy
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- Knowledge and understanding of metrics based analysis: reporting and trend analysis
- Experience interpreting and applying state, federal, and agency legal and regulatory compliance requirements
- 5+ years of consulting or regulatory experience in the financial services industry
- Strong working knowledge of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) businesses, its products and services, and relevant risks and controls of the business
- Working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) concepts and policies across risk types (regulatory, financial crimes, credit, operational, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal); ability to concisely articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly professional, adaptable and pro-active mindset
- Demonstrated capability to confidently raise issues, escalate early, and engage in constructive credible challenge independently
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Technical understanding of specific business operations, processes, products, and customer interactions where they manifest risk
- Ability to develop high performing, diverse risk structure in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to assess and determine when to raise concerns and escalate
- Pro-actively resolve conflict and maintain objectivity
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, and deliver quality analysis and highly actionable management information
- Demonstrated capacity to pro-actively and independently analyze and solve problems and address risks with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.