About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Fraud & Claims Operations Representative in the Fraud & Claims Department as a part of Consumer & Small Business Banking. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com
In this role, you will:
- Support team performance in identifying control failures in bank processes, procedures, customer, or colleague decisions
- Provide feedback and present ideas for improving or implementing processes and tools within fraud and claims functional area
- Perform complex operational tasks, including review, verification, and identification of customer transactions to detect and prevent fraud, policy violations or resolve merchant disputes in order to mitigate and recover losses
- Provide subject matter knowledge and interpretation of procedures to less experienced staff
- Interact with fraud and claims functional area on a wide range of information as well as with external customers
Required Qualifications, US:
- 18+ months of Customer Service, Financial Services, Fraud, or Investigations experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience in Customer Service, Financial Services, Fraud, Investigations, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience making outbound calls
- Reviews, identifies, and verifies customer transactions to detect/prevent fraud, policy violations, or payment errors to mitigate and recover losses
- Provides excellent customer service paired with strong investigative research when responding to inbox inquiries on payment floats and additional information.
- Ability to make timely and independent decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to provide strong customer service, including listening, eliciting information efficiently, comprehending, and resolving complex customer issues
- Ability to identify potential fraud/risky accounts and take appropriate action to prevent loss
- Ability to research, analyze and determine a course of action for financial transactions
- Ability to navigate multiple computer system windows, applications, and utilize research tools to find information
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Banking or financial operations experience
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with the following systems: CVRM, FDR
07:00am-3:30pm Tuesday-Saturday (1 position available)
10:00am-7:00pm Monday-Friday (1 position available)
144179-IA-PCG W Des Moines, IA (J Creek)
Pay range: $19.50 per hour based on experience.
Training - 2 weeks of paid training.
This position is not remote
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.