About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Communications Consultant for the Customer Remediations group.
The Customer Remediations organization is an enterprise function. This organization develops and implements consistent enterprise standards for remediating customer issues across the Wells Fargo enterprise. The organization enables more effective and coordinated monitoring, reporting and stakeholder communications. Enhancing our practices and outcomes for customers is a critical part of building a better Wells Fargo.
As part of the Remediation Execution Communications team, the Senior Communications Consultant will coordinate, develop and execute customer correspondence and communications initiatives to support our remediation efforts, while delivering an outstanding customer experience for both our vendor and consumer clients. This individual will support and engage with Wells Fargo business unit peers, enterprise departments, and communications groups to ensure a consistent voice and messaging across initiatives. This individual will have a proven track record of editing and publishing well-crafted, easy-to-read communications that are technical in nature, particularly in time-sensitive environments with multiple contributors.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with other Communications teams to ensure alignment of communications strategies and messaging.
- Execute customer remediation communication based initiatives and activities for the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence.
- Implement communications strategies to promote and protect Wells Fargo’s reputation.
- Collaborate and consult with stakeholders, including customers if needed.
- Plan, write, edit, coordinate, and publish a variety of complex and sensitive communications related to compliance, legal and regulatory matters, and our ongoing remediation efforts. This includes customer letters, vendor scripts, email templates, statements, FAQs, and website content.
- Consult with content owners and managers to develop communication messaging and plans.
- Identify communication opportunities, and design and source materials for execution of those opportunities.
- Meet established deadlines with tight turnaround times.
- Lead or participate as communications subject matter expert in cross-functional teams as needed.
- In consultation with partners, design and implement support process and communication tool enhancements, to improve speed, efficiency, and accuracy of stakeholder engagement.
- Track and measure results to ensure they are in line with intended outcomes and business objectives.
- Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Public Relations, Media Relations or Corporate Communications experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Public Relations, Media Relations or Corporate Communications, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- BS/BA or higher in English, journalism, professional writing, creative writing, education, or communications
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including with senior executive-level leaders
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint) skills
- Experience writing and editing external communications, including corporate and executive level communications
- Knowledge and understanding of technical writing
- Knowledge and understanding of writing, editing, coordinating, and publishing sensitive documentation
- Project management experience
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Bilingual speaking and writing proficiency in Spanish/English (not required)
- Knowledge and understanding of remediation policy, processes, and procedures (not required)
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.