Why Wells Fargo:
Are you ready for the next step in your career? This is where it begins – at a company known for our “Well Life” approach to supporting employees’ career aspirations, work-life balance, and mental and physical health. We ranked #2 on the 2023 LinkedIn Top Companies list – and #1 among financial services companies – as the best workplace “to grow your career” in the U.S. We’re especially proud of our tangible, meaningful commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. When it comes to employees’ financial health, we offer competitive salaries and generous benefits package. Apply today.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Branch Operations Coordinator for Branch Banking as part of the Consumer and Small Business Banking division. Learn more about the career areas and business divisions at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role you will:
- Support customer experience by accurately processing and approving teller transactions, sharing digital solutions, and making appropriate introductions to bankers
- Complete operational activities while minimizing risks under established policies
- Perform routine to moderately complex transactional, operational, and customer support tasks efficiently through knowledge of bank procedures and products, as well as partners across the organization
- Support the Branch manager in operational tasks and scheduling
- Resolve issues related to daily operations of the teller line, under direction of regional banking management
- Support customers and employees in resolving or escalating concerns or complaints
- Receive guidance from managers and exercise judgment within defined policies and procedures
- Provide excellent service to customers and individuals by demonstrating care, building relationships, and completing requested transactions
- Identify information and services to meet customers financial needs
- Motivate a diverse team to achieve full potential and meet established business objectives
- 2+ years of customer service and issue resolution experience or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Ability to provide strong customer service while listening, eliciting information and comprehending customer issues
- Ability to educate and connect customers to technology and share the value of mobile banking options
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and employees
- Ability to identify potential fraud/risky accounts and take appropriate action to prevent loss
- Cash handling experience
- Well-organized, independent and able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise judgment, raise questions to management, and adhere to policy guidelines
- Relevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources, or military recruiting
- Knowledge and understanding of retail compliance controls, risk management, and loss prevention
- Motivate others to achieve full potential and meet established business objectives
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed or scheduled
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
Location: Five Points Branch: 2136 Bessemer Rd, Birmingham, AL 35208
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.