Data Management and Insights (DMI) within Enterprise Functions is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data, our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company
About the Role:
This role within DMI will work in the India Team working in Enterprise Data Assets – Operations (EDA-Ops) area. The role involves Techno-Functional activities revolving around Data Governance & Data Engineering in Banking Finance & Risk domain. Lead the support process to do change impact analysis on data assets.
The activities in this role encompass understanding business requirements, doing analysis, coordinating with stakeholders and lead team for the given support function.
In above line, the responsibilities include:
- Lead team and manage the support process in a matrixed environment.
- Providing insights & ensuring apt reporting
- Ensuring adherence to Process & Working towards improvement of the same.
- Risk Assessments & Mitigation Plan and doing escalation management.
- Providing direction & guidance to Junior Team Members.
- Support team in analysis of Data Assets.
- Liaison with tech team to ensure they understand change impact and support in their execution.
- Mentoring team for better collaboration with partners in Tech/Business initiatives
- For the governed support process, apply and perform Problem Management, Service Management, Escalation Management, Stakeholder Management and look after Continuous Improvement in process.
- Take ownership and drive Knowledge Management activities.
- Make decisions in complex and multi-faceted situations requiring solid understanding of data model, data pipelines and lineage.
- Lead project teams and mentor less experienced staff members.
- Consult with and provide recommendations to senior management regarding assessments of the current state of data and metadata quality within area of assigned responsibility.
Overall Experience & Qualifications:
- 10+ Years of Data Management experience in Banking and Financial Services
- Data Governance & Data Management expertise is mandatory.
- Functional Knowledge in any of Risk/Finance/Regulatory Compliance preferred.
- Working knowledge of Data Warehousing and BI preferred
- Leading a team of size 4 to 9 members, for execution.
- High awareness and application of principles and guidelines of Problem Management, Service Management, People Management, Escalation Management, Stakeholder Management, and Knowledge Management.
- Educational Qualification: BE/B-Tech/ME/M-Tech/MBA/MCA
- Good understanding of Banking Products with 8+ Years of experience and exposures in Banking Risk & Finance Area
- Knowledge & Exposures in one or more of the following will be an added advantage: Credit & Market Risks, BASEL Norms, General Ledger, Funds Transfer Pricing, Asset-Liability Management, Regulatory Reporting
- Knowledge around entire spectrum of Data Management and Data Governance, with expertise around a few sub-areas like Data Quality, MDM and RDM etc
- Knowledge in ETL, BI and Big Data is an advantage but not mandatory.
- Additional advantage but not mandatory will be experience of managing support service around data consistent with BCBS 239 principles and experience in COSO certification process.
Leadership/People Experience & Others:
- People Leadership: Should have led a team of 7+ employees.
- Conversant with People and Stakeholder Management practices
- Good Communication & Presentation Skills
- Ability to network and drive collaboration.
- Good stakeholder management experience
- Traits of Ownership & ability to drive deliverables with minimal guidance.
- Result-Oriented mindset and demonstrating traits of being thoughtful & innovative.
- Ability to inculcate and follow good Team Dynamics/Team Hygiene
Posting End Date:24 Mar 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.