About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Operational Accountant in Commercial Real Estate...
In this role, you will:
- Ensure timely completion, quality and compliance within the operation area
- Work independently and with Team on moderately complex issues and projects
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and risk control development and escalates issues to Team lead and Mangers
- Provide training, mentoring, constructive feedback and coaching to the team
- Resolve moderately complex business issues related to team supervision, work allocation and daily operational tasks under direction of Operations management
- Leverage interpretation of policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including senior managers
- Lead process work/deliverables to achieve objectives
- Mentor and guide talent development of Team members
- Work with Line of Business for any additional work, projects.
- Collaborate with internal teams like Downstream ,upstream, Quality and Audit teams
- Make sure to drive efficiency, quality, and any other metrics
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Operations, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, education
- 5+ years of overall experience
- 1-2 years of experience in Account reconciliation or Investor Reporting
- Knowledge and experience in Commercial mortgage servicing including Account reconciliation and/or Investor Reporting.
- Ability to interpret and understand the Loan documents, Loan Servicing Agreements and language pertaining to the requirements for Sub Servicing Agreements and Pooling and Servicing Agreements.
- Handle complex queries and liaise with the Intra teams/LOB for completion of assigned work..
- Strategy Loan accounting system a major plus.
- Communicate with third party servicers and other CMS teams to establish and record Authentication forms and certificate of authority.
- Good knowledge of Clearing accounts, CMS Flow of funds, CREFC reporting guidelines and Servicing agreements.
- Ability to review loan agreements, manage inventory and continuously coordinate with Intrateam.
- Identify risk exposure in the process and able to come up with controls to ensure mitigation of risk.
- Exhibits detail oriented skills to ensure zero/near ops loss situations.
- Demonstrates/maintains professional conduct under all circumstances.
- Support in process expansion and new hire training.
- Work on cross-functional support and process efficiencies.
- Good comprehension and communication skills coupled with the ability to interact with LoB during calls and gain their confidence.
- Impactful presentation skills.
- Experience in handling escalations from the borrowers/stakeholders
- Flexibility to work in shifts and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Provide operational support to the aligned process with strong focus on all CTQ's - such as, but not limited to, quality, productivity and adherence to timelines (TAT).
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.