Title – Business (Risk) Initiatives Consultant - Updated
About Wells Fargo:
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo India and Philippines (I&P) is an integral part of the Well Fargo Enterprise and provide Operations and Technology support to the WF Enterprise Business. WFIP operates out of 4 sites across 2 countries and currently has c28, 000 employees supporting all lines of business covering business operation, technology development and support.
Wholesale Lending Operations within I&P sits under the CB/CIB business vertical supporting Wholesale Lending (WL) business across number of key operational activities covering the entire client life cycle. The team undertakes variety of operations with in WL namely Lending operations, Trade Finance operations, Treasury Management and Payment solutions, International payments and Financial Crime Ops including some key shared services activities such as reconciliations, change support, technical procedure writing and access management. The operations covers all stages of client lifecycle including onboarding and ongoing maintenance and involves deal closing, financial statement spread, cash management, account onboarding & management, customer service, collateral management, documents preparation & management and collections. These operations support all of Wholesale Lending business i.e. Business Banking Group, Middle Market, Commercial Capital, Trade Finance, Treasury Management and Payments Solutions.
In this role, individual will be part of the Initiatives function involved in delivering change across Wholesale Lending Operations. The centralized initiatives model helps to apply structure, consistency and drive execution results for the Wholesale Lending Operations Strategic and Risk priorities. These roles are critical to the Wholesale Lending Operations team support and help keep the functional leaders and managers in the day to day operations of serving our customers.
The roles align within Wholesale Lending Ops Shared Services which supports the entire Wholesale Lending Ops organization with variety of activities as a shared service and this include supporting the entire change / strategic initiatives book of work, support on BCP readiness and planning, reconciliation, quality assurance, MI and other shared activities. The team in I&P is relatively new and needs to establish itself while working closely with key business stakeholders to drive various projects / initiatives.
The individual will be part of the Initiatives function involved in delivering change across Wholesale Lending Operations. As part of the engagement, the team member would focus on monitoring control testing results from Quality Assurance & Quality Control reviews to and determine if control is deemed effective. Provide Leadership updates on control results and work with WL Operations Functional teams to enhance controls if necessary. Team member would support the End to End lifecycle through all phases of the program working with relevant stakeholders.
- Line of Business
- Process Engineering
- Business Risk & Control
- Product & Delivery
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: business operations, implementation, Operation risk management, project delivery and strategic planning
- Collaborate with business partners providing subject matter expertise and support ongoing business needs related to Risk, Controls and metrics development- KPI / KRI
- Liaise with Functional Ops teams and key Stakeholders for control design and enhancement needs
- Work with the business to perform the impact assessment and execution for the Policy Intake Process. Based on the review collaborate with various stake holders.
- Monitor key indicators specifically control effectiveness and recommend control enhancements while ensuring effective integration of control enhancements into processes
- Collaborate with stake holders to build the required MIS reporting capability
- Liaise with Policy office, Internal audit, Compliance for any audits, regulatory requirements, change impact analysis pertaining to risk and controls
- Responsible for facilitation and coordination of control testing, review of control testing results to determine effectiveness and close loop by working with Operations leaders to address control concerns
- Consult and provide guidance on the development, implementation, and monitoring of significant matters regarding strategic approaches, effectiveness of support function, business performance improvement opportunities, and helping to manage the risks for the applicable business functions
- Periodically provide the key updates to the Management
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical skills and strong operational risk management experience with the ability to define and evolve operational controls based on analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate clearly and concisely with engineers and executives
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Intermediate / Advanced skills in MS-Office Suite (Specifically excel / PowerPoint), and SharePoint, JIRA
- Individual with operational risk management back ground including project management experience
- Financial Services industry experience would be desired
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.