About this role:
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Information Security Engineer to join the Inbound Cloud Security team. This position will provide security engineering and level 3 operations support for inbound Web and API applications.
Wells Fargo only considers candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who do not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
In this role, you will:
- Lead computer security incident response activities for highly complex events
- Conduct technical investigation of security related incidents and post incident digital forensics to identify causes and recommend future mitigation strategies
- Provide security consulting on large projects for internal clients to ensure conformity with corporate information, security policy, and standards
- Design, document, test, maintain, and provide issue resolution recommendations for highly complex security solutions related to networking, cryptography, cloud, authentication and directory services, email, internet, applications, and endpoint security
- Review and correlate security logs
- Utilize subject matter knowledge in industry leading security solutions and best practices to implement one or more components of information security such as availability, integrity, confidentiality, risk management, threat identification, modeling, monitoring, incident response, access management, and business continuity
- Identify security vulnerabilities and issues, perform risk assessments, and evaluate remediation alternatives
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers
- Lead a team to achieve objectives
- 5+ years of Information Security Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Web Application Firewall technologies
- 4+ years of Intermediate to Advanced level experience with scripting/automation using tools such as: Bash, Ansible, Playbook/Role Development, PowerShell, Python, etc
- 3+ years of in-depth knowledge and troubleshooting of HTTP based Web Applications
- 3+ years Knowledge and understanding of implementing WAF signatures or virtual patches
- 2+ years advanced understanding of Network concepts like DNS, Firewall and Load Balancing
- Proven experience with change and incident management practices in medium to large enterprise environments
- Experience with Agile Scrum or Kanban methodologies
- Basic understanding of TLS, Certificates, and MTLS
- Advanced Information Security technical skills and solid knowledge and understanding of information security practices and policies
- Automation experience
- ServiceNow experience
- Technical documentation experience
- Jira and Confluence experience
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatives
- Technology experience in the Financial Services sector
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
- Advanced critical thinking, problem solving and technical troubleshooting abilities
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with and the ability to thrive in a complex and fast-paced technology and/or information security organization, within a large enterprise environment
- 1525 W W T Harris Blvd. Charlotte, North Carolina
- 300 S Brevard St. Charlotte, North Carolina
- 1301 Solana Blvd. Bldg 1 Ste 11 Westlake, Texas
- 1305 W 23rd St. Tempe, Arizona
- 2600 Price Rd. Chandler, Arizona
- 325 John H McConnell Blvd. Columbus, Ohio
- 150 E 42nd St. New York, New York
- Ability to work off hours and occasional weekends to support change activities
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
- This position offers a hybrid work schedule
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position
- New York City: $133,300 – $237,100
- All Other locations: $111,100 – $197,500
Posting End Date:24 Mar 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.