About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Tax Analyst - US Federal Advisory and Planning. In this role, you will work as a member of the Wells Fargo Corporate Tax team helping to solve complex tax and business issues from initial strategy to final execution. You will assist in advising management on various aspects of corporate income taxation and help develop and implement tax planning strategies. In addition, you will establish yourself as a value added tax advisor to Wells Fargo business lines that creates value for the company.
In this role, you will:
- Execute US federal tax advisory and tax planning activities related to various lines of business and corporate functions
- Provide recommendations to minimize taxes and tax risk, review tax accounts and legal document, and model tax impacts for various types of transactions
- Research complex tax issues and memorialize findings/conclusions in well written memorandums
- Assist with the development, research, documentation and execution of US federal tax planning strategies
- Collaborate with other groups both within and outside Corporate Tax
- Keep abreast of current and pending tax legislation and advise stakeholders accordingly
- Adhere to practices and procedures for proper control activities in accordance with the Company's internal controls policies
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Corporate Tax experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Financial institution knowledge/experience and familiarity with US GAAP and accounting for income tax preferred
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Member of the Bar
- 4+ years of experience in US federal corporate income tax advisory and tax planning
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred Juris Doctorate (JD), Master of Laws (LLM) or a Master’s degree in Taxation
- Experience in internal customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enhanced attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, with escalation to seek guidance in complex and/or unusual situations
- Possess intermediate level analytical and tax technical skills
- Ability to exercise judgment in solving problems to ensure achievement of business objectives and priorities
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.