About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Credit Risk Specialist to join the Corporate Risk group’s Commercial Banking Chief Risk Officer’s team.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in initiatives and identify opportunity for risk mitigation strategies within Credit Risk.
- Lead, develop, and implement strategic initiatives and processes to drive the company credit culture, appetite, and business performance.
- Review and analyze reports to assess and predict risk and monitor performance that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternatives, and exercise independent judgment to guide medium risk deliverables.
- Receive direction from leaders.
- Exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- Interact with internal customers.
- Comply with Wells Fargo, Inventory Finance, and regulatory policies.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Credit Risk experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc…).
- Loan workout, commercial credit underwriting, and/or floor plan finance credit experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience with reviewing data.
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels; where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Energetic, quick learner, positive attitude, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently and organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work at the approved location in the job posting.
- This position offers a hybrid work schedule.
- 5595 Trillium Boulevard, Hoffman Estates, Illinois
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.