About this role:
Candidate will have extensive experience in researching, designing, developing, and managing profitable systematic market making algorithms in Rates products. The candidate will work closely with systematic rates trading desks, voice trading desks, and E-Trading technology teams to lead the continual research, design, and model development of systematic liquidity-servicing strategies for Rates products. This role will focus on providing quantitative research on market making strategies that exist within a larger, low-latency framework as well as performing extensive customer pricing optimization & analysis. Research will involve discovery of revenue generation strategies leveraging data-driven and ML techniques, analysis of new alpha signal generators, and performing strategy back-testing. Candidate will have the exciting opportunity to be directly involved in a focal growth area within the franchise.
- Partner with business stakeholders to design and implement foundational quantitative analytics and models for optimizing execution in the Rates electronic trading platform
- Experience in researching, developing, and optimizing pricing and hedging algorithms
- Responsible for understanding and maintaining pricing, hedging, signal code built within algorithmic framework
- Apply expert knowledge in the areas of statistical inference, machine learning and data mining to identify and predict key analytical drivers of performance and cost
- Maintain, develop and enhance libraries of microstructure and trading signals and simulation tools
- Produce ad-hoc analysis and data visualizations to be shared with business partners
- Document model blueprints, back-testing results, references and other supporting material for peer reviews and on-going monitoring of model performance
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives with broad impact and act as key participant in large-scale planning for Securities Quantitative Analytics
- Develop automated trading algorithms, create cutting-edge derivative pricing models and empirical models, to provide insight into market behavior
- Review and analyze complex multi-faceted, larger scale or longer-term business, operational, or technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors including intangibles or unprecedented factors
- Use quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems
- Conduct research on trading cost models, liquidity models, risk models, portfolio construction methodology, and signal generation
- Resolve issues and achieve goals
- Make decisions on complex and multi-faceted situations requiring understanding of Securities Quantitative Analytics, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Influence and lead the broader work team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level to senior managers
- Play an integral role to the trading floor
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Securities Quantitative Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of experience in Rates (or FX) electronic trading, market micro-structure and quantitative models
- A bachelor degree in a quantitative discipline, scripting language experience, experience in processing large data sets and exposure to equity transactional and market data; an advanced degree such as masters or PhD is preferred
- Advanced proficiency in applied statistics, time series analysis, data mining and visualization including knowledge of modern machine learning techniques and AI technology
- Advanced proficiency in statistical programming and scripting languages such as Python (Pandas/NumPy/SciPy/SciKit), R, Q and others. Java and Groovy knowledge is a plus.
- Proficiency in SQL queries and experience with streaming tick data bases such as One Tick is a plus
- Experience with researching and developing client execution algos is a plus
- Knowledge of high frequency trading systems, workflows and communication paradigms (FIX, binary exchange venue)
- Experience partnering with technology to develop and architect low latency infrastructure.
- Strong written, verbal communication and rapid synthesis of information
- Able to take ownership of projects from start to finish
- Strong proficiency in low-latency java framework-based programming
- The base salary for this role in NY, NY is $275,000-$275,000
#quant #etrade #e-rate #e-fx #highfrequency #strategist #researcher #quantitative #strat #electronictrading
Pay Range$144,400.00 - $300,000.00
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.