About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Analytics Consultant...
In this role, you will:
- Advise line of business and companywide functions on business strategies based on research of performance metrics, trends in population distributions, and other complex data analysis to maximize profits and asset growth, and minimize operating losses within risk and other operating standards
- Provide influence and leadership in the identification of new tools and methods to analyze data
- Ensure adherence to compliance and legal regulations and policies on all projects managed
- Provide updates on project logs, monthly budget forecasts, monthly newsletters, and operations reviews
- Assist managers in building quarterly and annual plans and forecast future market research needs for business partners supported
- Strategically collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level to senior managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor to staff, interns and external contractors
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Analytics, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Knowledge in: SAS, SQL, Database Management, Project Management, Requirements Elicitation and Documentation, Development and Testing
- Minimum 4+ years' experience in SAS programming
- Banking experience
- Participate in the daily operations of data requirements gathering, data sourcing, and data mart development and implementation that will support new and existing monitoring strategy development and execution as well as risk metric reporting for the Consumer Bank
- Partner with our internal and external partners to identify potential data sources in-line with overall Enterprise data strategy
- Work in close partnership with Wells Fargo Technology and DMI on the design, development and implementation of analytical tools, infrastructure, and data environment enhancements required to support robust supervision, oversight and surveillance capabilities that are scalable across Consumer Banking
- Amenable to work on a mid-schedule
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.